Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Display/ screen problem

Nielso
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Display/ screen problem

Hi,

Well I have this phone for over 2 years now and now I have a big problem with it that won't go away.

The screen goes completely into stripes and is unreadable. It just showed up like that and it's always when I use the screen-lock button (slide button on the side) that this happends and then stays.
Once I got rid of it by rebooting the phone almost 10 times or turning it of a whole day but as soon as I use the screen-lock button (slide button on the side) it comes back.
Made a picture of it:

I was wondering if someone knew what could've caused this? Or had the same problem and how to get it rid of it.

Greets,

Nielso

Please use plain text.
Advisor
airevin_14

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic Display/ screen problem

Well, you may try the following steps to resolve your problem:

1. try to update your phone's firmware. backup phone's memory first. or,

2. try to reset your phone, of course backup your phone memory before doing this. Turn off your phone and when it's already off, hold down the Green, Red and Camera buttons at the same time then turn on your phone (still pressing the 3 buttons) until you reached the "handshaking" part then you can release them. Then it would prompt you to enter date, city, etc...

Please use plain text.
Professor
shoubhik

hi nielso,
A phone two yr old like urs had a hardware defect.. Nokia has tried sending a software upgrade to work around tht defect.. So a firmware upgrade should help..
If it doesn't, the only way is to get a screen replacement.. Goto ur nearest nokia care. If u r under extended warranty, they may do it for free. Els it costs abt $30 i guess.. Check it with them.
Regards,
Dr. Shoubhik
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

i've seen exactly the same problem on a similar phone. And software update did the trick. Go for it.
Please use plain text.
Nielso

[ Edited ]

Ok I'll give the hard reset and update a try

Thanks for the replies.

I'll post if it had worked or not

EDIT: Seems like the hard reset has worked, home screen is totally different now then before and screen is working again

Thanks all (:

Please use plain text.
Professor
shoubhik

:smileyhappy:
Regards,
Dr. Shoubhik
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
flofizzle

just have your screen changed... end of problem!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

the problem is not due to screen and it doesn't go even if you change its screen a thousand times. As i've stated, i've seen this problem in a brand new phone and all it needed was software update.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Roshanrims

only i was trying to make the post clear so that it doesn't cause confusion in future references.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Withy

Hi,

got the same problem with my Nokia 5800 display as Nielso. I've already done firmware update and now there's 52.0.007.C01.01 version and that stripes are still there. After I've read this topic,  did reset (not that one with pressing that three buttons at once, but the *#7370# one) and it hasn't changed a bit :smileysad: . Only thing, that helps me is to warm my phone or to put some magnets on the top right corner and then it works, but that's not constant solution. What should I do with it (except changing whole screen, cause then I'd rather buy some other phone :smileysad: ) ?

Greets,

Withy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
creativepunk

Even in latest firmware ppl are geting the same issue : Try this post. After try this setting its working for me.. http://creativepunk.blogspot.com/2011/01/nokia-5800-fuzzy-display-problem.html

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gazzlaa

Updating the software worked for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
misscritic1

You can put a small magnet on the phone it seems to have helped many people. I have tried many solutions myself however none of them have worked... HELLP!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dalgarven

I use the magnet trick, its now on the strap which has the plectrum on it. The new screen will cost about £40. 3 wont let me upgrade, I still use v 40. Id like to upgrade to v 50, which apparently will solve the issue too.

With the magnet, I could get it going properly even if its been a freezer for about 5 minutes or so. I am thinking of putting a tiny one inside the screen. But will someone give a 3 a kick up the **bleep** and let me upgrade?  Come September when my contract is up its bye bye time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lawnica

None of the solutions has worked for me but I've realized that the problems only comes out when the phone is locked and the menu light is on. All i have to do is wait for the light to go off and I can unlock the cell and that's it. Of course, this doesn't solve the issue!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bigdons73

The magnet trick worked for me. Even easier is if you get a leather case with the magnetic flip clip. So when your screen has an eppi ,. just touch it with the case's magnetic clip and WA LAA ! Back to normal !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
obaid_ork

I 'm facing with same problem, I've tried all the tricks (pressing call key+red cancel key + camera button  then switch on/off key)mentioned here but I haven't seen a proper solution for this problem.. Anyone with proper solution please help.

Please use plain text.
crazyavi

hello dear myself avinash verma from  India

can u plz help me to fix my nokia5800 Xm display. Me too facing same problem as show in the above pix , i have allready changed its display but still facebook same above problem

plzz help me to slove it

Sorry for bad English but plz try to understand b'cos i can't effort to change again and again it display

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Was the display changed by Nokia Care technician ? There are reports of such problem when the replaced was not an original Nokia part and was done in a way not recommended by Nokia (i.e. by the user )...

Please use plain text.
LouisF

Hi All,

am having same problem with mine. have tried upgrade to v60 and reset and format and magnet story all with no luck. only thing i can't do is have my screen changed coz we have no Nokia support offices in zimbabwe so nowhere to send it for repair. i have found though that it is worse when you are in the clock settings. would this not indicate a software issue? and also if in display setting you set light sensor to maximum it is better. any thoughts?

Please use plain text.