Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 - does it connect to Mercedes SIM ACCES...

Nokia 5800 - does it connect to Mercedes SIM ACCESS PROFILE?

I know the S60 operating system includes SAP in its bluetooth profiles, but I would like to be sure the NOKIA 5800 connects to Mercedes in the SAP profile before I buy one.  Does anyone have experience of this?
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 5800 - does it connect to Mercedes SIM ACCESS PROFILE?

I would also like to know this.  I have the SAP V2 bluetooth (silver). 
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have 5800 comes with music and the silver bluetooth dongle and it works fine for hands-free (steering wheel control etc.).  I have had variable results transferring the contacts.
Please use plain text.

Does anyone knows how to connect a 5800 Xpressmusic to Mercedes bluetooth SAP ?

It was working with a 9300i and a 5300 Xpressmusic.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
glider_guider

The N5800 express music connects OK to MB SAP & MB Bluetooth telephone modules.

With the standard BT modue you can make (dial on the phone only) and receive calls but the phonebook will not appear in the car system. The BT module uses the phones aerial so uses battery fast.

The SAP module will download the contents of the SIM card phone book and will record missed calls etc. I have not found a way to make text messaging work,and I have also found that once in SAP mode I cannot access the SIM card memory even when the phone is disconnected from the car.

Connection with both modules usually happens automatically but I have had issues with the SAP hanging and asking for PIN codes. These usually work OK but sometimes I have to restart the phone to make it all work OK. Overall it's a fag and I'm going to look for a better phone OS.

Please use plain text.