Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 home screen

Contributor

Nokia 5800 home screen

I don't mind the Nokia 5800, but I do have some niggles, such as it constantly asking me to confirm connection to wi-fi even when I'm, already connected.  

However, this post is related to the customising of the home screen.

The shortcuts bar that allows you to place four shortcuts is a handy thing to have, but it seems that Nokia missed out the option to have the "Applications" menu item as an option for this. So to access the full list of installed applications, I have to open the menu, then click on the applications icon.  Would be a good feature to have. I assume I haven't missed anything?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Re: Nokia 5800 home screen

Try SBP Mobile Shell. You might like it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Looks awesome but not going to pay for a solution :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

[ Edited ]

Well you could try the free version

SPB Mobile Shell Lite

http://store.ovi.com/content/61716

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Judaz - I think that's just a 14 day trial?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You could also try V menu, which is free !

http://vmenu.en.softonic.com/symbian

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.