Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 keyguard broken! please helpppppppp...

Registered Member

Nokia 5800 keyguard broken! please helpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay well for sum reason when i was unlocking my phone, the sliding key guard got stuck, when i unstuck it it completly came out of place and now doesnt work; is there any possible way that the 5800 XpressMusic phone can be put on lock without using the actual sliding keyguard? 

Any help would be much appreciated. Phones only around 3 months old aswell.. :smileyindifferent: rather disappointed!!

Thanks in advanced xxx  please helpppp

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia 5800 keyguard broken! please helpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is an auto keylock setting in phone settings

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

also taking your phone to nokia care might not be a bad idea since the phone is so new it is under warratny. they might be able to assist you for free if they determine that it might have been a hardware build issue. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cookss

ok, how do u unlock your phone to do this??
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Justin_Joseph

just switch of ur phone by removing battery.. Switch it on. So u can unlock it. Download ''pocket lock'' or ''slide lock'' from ovi. So that u can unlock phone without the help unlock key..

₪press kudo if u are satisfied₪
If i have helped , kudo me by clicking the white star in left side!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
majogh

The 5530 can be unlocked by pluging in some headphones. Probably the 5800 can too.

Please use plain text.
robtynan

Brilliant solution to a physically broken keyguard switch!

I can now turn off automatic keyguard lock and use the phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bacardibreezer

i had the same problem with my keyguard switch and i could unlock the phone by plugging the headphones :smileyhappy: great advice! :smileyhappy: but does anyone of you guys know another way to lock & unlock the phone without using the switch? something i could change in the settings or so?  please help, if you have an idea! thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Menu-->Settings-->Phone-->Phone Management-->Auto Keyguard and set the time.. This will automatically lock the display after non-use for the set period...

If you are with the latest Firmware.. just press the Menu (middle) key and the 'Swipe to Unlock' feature will get activated. Swipe your finger on the moving band from Right to Left and the display will get Unlocked ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anhdungitvn

Many thanks for you help! It works :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.