Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 message reader ?

Nokia 5800 message reader ?

Does the new 5800 have the built in text message reader that reads out messages ?

Just checking before i buy one as i love this feature on other recent nokias

Cheers

Neil

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

yes it does and it has call out name when you get a call and its in your contacts list.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.

Thanks a lot,

I shall order one now :-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

jimmyireland wrote:
yes it does and it has call out name when you get a call and its in your contacts list.

are you sure about the message reader?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

mine has message reader and calls out callers name.if the phone somehow has not text to speech it can be downloaded from nokia apps

enjoy the 5800

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

AFAIK, the Message Reader can not be downloaded and installed, only language packs can be installed.  it has to inherent of the device, is your 5800 branded?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
alexlimco

I have a 5800XM and it does not have a message reader component that reads out the messages. However it can read out caller names for incoming calls. My 5800XM is an unbranded version.
Current Phone: NOKIA N8 (Best phone ever)
Please use plain text.