Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 sensor problems

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 sensor problems

Hey,is any one having sensor problems as i am? I updated my device to v.40 and now my auto rotation sensor only works when it feels like it. I've tried restarting the device, even switching off the sensors but it takes several frustrating attempts before it starts working again. Nokia had better do something about this in their next firmware.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia 5800 sensor problems

Mine works fine (5800 on v40), so unless yours is a hardware problem which persisted since previous versions, you may need to either reinstall the firmware or do a hard reset.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.

may be bcoz of some technical reason ur sensor is responding very slowly... or it is good to do a hard format after updating software version... now if already restore ur data and make some changes then take backup again otherwise u already have ur last backup... now go for hard format by *#7370#.... it will format ur phone... then check whether problem is there or not...

If you find my post helpful please hit the yellow button. Thanks.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have formatted my phone before. Infact i did it soon as i got the v40 firmware installed. Everythin worked fine for a while until i updated some software using software updater in the phone. Could be that Python update for developin is messing things up. If it persists then it leaves me no option but to reformat it once more.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You can uninstall python. Go to Menu>Settings>Application Manager>Installed Apps, and select python then uninstall.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hey, i solved it guys. All i did was to restore my phone to factory settings VIA the settings menu and upon restarting it was working perfectly.. Thanks for your comments. KUDOS....
Please use plain text.
xiiao_alan

hi all..anyone can hlp me?
my 5800 sensor alwaz automatic turn off itself..
after i go factory settings..it turns good..but after 6 hours ++..den turn off automatically le..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MinusZero

I had this problem with my 5800 running version 40 firmware.

I turned off the auto rotate sensor, powered off the phone, restarted the phone after a minute or so and then turned back on the sensor.

Fixed the problem for me, but am unsure if it will permanently fix it.

Its the first Nokia ever i have had any sort of problem with and i have had a lot.

Previous Nokias owned. Nokia 5110, 3100, 6101, 6300 and currently 5800.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
smallprince

YIKES! Had the same issue, nothing helped until... I switched to offline mode (where I have touchscreen vibra activated - probable that did the trick) and the turning sensor came back right away. Then went back to 'general' and the turning sensor works fine again even with touchscreen vibra off... 

Please use plain text.