Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 speakerphone issues.

Counsellor

Nokia 5800 speakerphone issues.

Not sure about anyone else and not really seen any mention of this on forums anywhere.

I've been told that when i use the speakerphone option when making or receiving calls

the person on the other end can hardly hear me at all, no matter what enviroment i'm in.

I can hear clear and perfect, but since having it anytime i've used the speakerphone my voice seems

difficult to hear.

anybody else noticed any issues, or is this a know issue.

could this be fixed in the next update, or somethig that is the way it is.

Please use plain text.
Sage

It can sometimes depend on how far you mouth is away from the phone. How close do you hold it to yourself when you are on loudspeaker? Cool name by the way.:smileyhappy:
Its not who i am underneath. But what i do that defines me.
You are here for a reason Superman.
"Come to me son of Jor-EL. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

ha ha.

it doesn't seem to matter how close or far my mouth is from the phone.

obviously if it's too close then the voice sounds muffled and too loud.

but even at a normal distance my voice does not sound clear at the other end.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Try reinstalling the firmware first. If it is still no better. Take it to your nearest Nokia service centre.
Its not who i am underneath. But what i do that defines me.
You are here for a reason Superman.
"Come to me son of Jor-EL. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thanks but i just think it's not very good at picking up my voice.

i'm not gonna be bothering re installing the firmware, not worth that kind of hassle.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Hi I have just bought a nokia 5800 and don't even know how to turn on the speaker phone during a call. This is my first touch screen phone, so don't suppose anyone could tell me how to use it could you?

Many thanks

Message Edited by tickle150 on 30-Apr-2009 07:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

yea very simple.

make a call as per normal

once it starts ringing if you look at the screen there will be an 

"activate loudspeaker" option.

Please use plain text.
Sage

5up3rman wrote:

yea very simple.

make a call as per normal

once it starts ringing if you look at the screen there will be an 

"activate loudspeaker" option.

Not always. See my post about the `Use BT handsfree' and how it replaced the activate loudspeaker button. Still looking for a root cause, but turning off bluetooth and turning off the phone and back on replaced the normal icons. Otherwise, I was stuck toggling between a non-connected BT and handset. Loudspeaker would only be available via the options button. This may be a bug. More investigation required.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi there,

I have same problem like yours. Have you fix it by sending the phone to Nokia Care Centre? 

Please use plain text.

This is a BIG problem for me too - the quality of the loudspeaker when making phone calls seems to be very poor on the Nokia 5800, esp. compared to the N95, my previous phone. Everyone says I sound faint and there is often feedback and cutting out. The N95 was as clear as crystal - others didn't even know I was on speakerphone - and that's why they used them on 'the Apprentice', as they are always making calls on loudspeaker. I wish I could tell which phone they'd changed to as they must have picked another one with good performance in this area. I might have to return my 5800 and get a Blackberry as I need to make good quality calls with the speaker phone (lots of conference calls and don't like a mobile phone at my ear too much). My 5800 is currently with Nokia as I've asked for them to look at this. I'll see what happens, but sadly I find there is generally poor knowlege among customer service guys, most I talked don't have a clue which phone has a better quality loudspeaker or what steps to take too see if it can be improved. Very frustrating. My old N95 has got the best loudspeaker I've found. Therefore, hoped all Nokias would have, but doesn't seem to be the case...
Please use plain text.
Sage

I am now beginnig to think the speakerphone is either poorly designed or simply defective. Consistently, when I use it, I get "every fourth word is dropped" or "you are breaking up" when I have 5 bars and sitting in a quiet room. There is no problem when the speakerphone is not in use.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

I think this is a fault with this phone in general. both mine and the Girlfriends phone have this issue. I've used the phone on speakerphone before and been greeted with "hello. Are you there??" as i shout back "yes i'm still here" to no avail

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.

Yes, I've since found out from Nokia that there was a fault in the first batch of 5800 phones, in the speakerphone. It's a 'level 2 or 3 repair' (i.e. hardware). They fixed it for the later ones. It might depend which batch you have. Even when it's fixed it's still not very good quality. There's a lot of background noise and cutting out when the person you're talking to is in a noisy environment. The quality is nowhere near as good as the N series phones, but then nor is the price - e.g. the N96 is double the cost of the 5800. I've taken mine back and am waiting for the N97 to come on the market.
Please use plain text.

I am having same problem. People on the other line can't hear me when I am on speakerphone. I tried this on another 5800 and had same issue.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have this problem (among others) with the brand-new Nokia 5800 I bought this week.  Every call I've managed to make the person I've been speaking to says it's impossible to hear what I'm trying to say, phone keeps cutting out & is heavily distorted.

Is there any way of checking if my phone is from one of the "early" batch?  Is there any point trying to get a different one from someplace else or is this problem no better even now?  I'm not prepared to send this phone to Nokia to repair, I only bought it this week & I'm not about to send a brand knew phone to the manufacturer within 2 days of owning it, I'd rather get a refund.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
asif0788

hi i have loudspeaker problem.when i make a call and then active loudspeaker the option is not work and then i press unlock key then it work and active loudspeakers Pl help me how to active loudspeaker without press unlock key ??????

Please use plain text.