Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 5800 won't turn on, only vibrates.

Registered Member

Nokia 5800 won't turn on, only vibrates.

I have just got a 5800 XM on vodafone, and yesterday when i turned it off it won't turn on, it only vibrates. I try to charge it but nothing happens. Please help.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 5800 won't turn on, only vibrates.

Hi this happend to me yesterday. I search the topic today on various forums and finally tried this:

1. remove your battery sim card and memory card (memory card should be enough but removing all can not hurt :smileyhappy:) and wait couple of minutes

2. insert sim and battery and turn it on without memory card

3. if it turns on normally turn it back off

4. insert memory card and turn it on again

This worked for me. There are also other suggestions like try to defragment the memory card... but so far it works so i am not trying that one yet :smileyhappy:

good luck

Registered Member

Thanks but it didn't work. :smileysad:
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Try turning on without the SIM and memory card inserted. Make sure your battery is not dead. Plugging the phone onto the charger doesn't mean the battery must be charging. Make sure the charger is working.

If all these are ok, and still you have the issue, try a hard reset:

This is the last resort. Turn off your phone, press and hold down these keys: the call (Green) button, the end (Red) button and the camera button. Turn on your phone without releasing them. Leave the keys only after you see the region selection screen.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...

I had this only yesterday. I was reinstalling the software via the usb cable and my dog knocked it and it crashed. I couldn't switch it back on again because all it did was vibrate I thought damn only had it 3 weeks and killed it.. I solved it by waiting for the update software to realise it wasn't working and it gives you the solution. My advice would be to connect your phone to your pc even though it doesn't work, attempt to update the software for your phone wait till it tells you its not going to and follow what it says to you, I think the order is remove battery, then remove charger and then usb (am pretty sure its that way round) then you reverse the procedure and press the power button on your phone for 1 second it then trys to update again. It took me 2 attempts but it updated and has been fine. Hope this helps.
Contributor

I had a similar problem. and every month or so it re occurs. I have just updated my phone and hopefully it won't happen again. To get my fone working again i've had to turn it on and quicly press buttons to move to another screen similar what the other guy said but i pressed the white button. Also i turned it on with the charger plugged in and sometimes that worked. Temperamental and annoying but then it works for quite a while and suddenly i forget about my woes lol. Also had an email problem with it not retrieving or connecting properly. Updated so hopefully it wont happen again :smileyhappy: good luck

Registered Member
EdsterJG

Right, I have tried every bit of advice given, but still no luck... When I plug it into my laptop, it makes a noise saying it has found something, and then immediately afterwards it makes another sound saying it has been disconnected, but it only vibrates when it isn't connected to the laptop or the charger... grrrrr... I think I might just give it to a repair centre... Freaking update!

Counsellor

I'm having a similar issue with my Nokia C5 - brand new phone had it for about 3 weeks and one day while I was listening to music it shut down and won't start up again.  Only 2 signs of life - 1) when I hold the power button I sometimes get a short vibrate, like the one that it gives when it used to start up.  However, sometimes I don't get this.  2) When I plug it into my computer my computer recognizes a new device 'Nokia USB ROM', but PC suite, Ovi suite, and NSU don't find the phone.  I've also tried the 3 finger reset, and all manner of different chargers and starting it up with/without SIM and memory card, but haven't had any different results.  Anyway just checking if you found any solution - please post if you have.  

I did contact Nokia care and because I'm in the US apparently my warranty is void (on a 3 week old phone...) and I'll have to pay a 3rd party to see if they can repair it...

Advisor

The problem is in themes effects!!! If themes effects are turned on then there is a problem to turn on or to charge the phone when it is turned off. So I have to turn off the themes effects before I turn off the phone in order to charge it. If I forget to do it, then I remove the memory card before I start to charge the phone or to turn on the phone. I have software version 51.0.006. Hopefully, it works for others
Advisor

In terms of my previous post.

For those who have problem with turning on the phone and charging the battery, you can remove the memory card and then turn on the phone or charge.

But, I noticed in my case that the problem is in the application Google maps (ver. 4.01). When this application is installed on the phone and the themes effect are turned on, there exist problem with charging the phone and turning it on. I am not sure about previous versions of Google maps and previous firmwares. So the combination of Google maps and themes effect causes this problem.

I don't know if this is due to the firmware or the application.

I am curious if this happens to others and if this will help o others.

Advisor
haija

I've Nokia c5 03, what is the procedur to hard reset it?

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

haija wrote:

I've Nokia c5 03, what is the procedur to hard reset it?

Apart from keying in *#7370# followed by 12345 (default Nokia lock code unless altered by yourself)?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Registered Member
Mathews

ahhh thanxx so much it worked 100% hyly recommended :smileyhappy:
Registered Member
govardhansagar

[ Edited ]

Your 5800 mobile os is crashed

Moderator note: Information on how to modify Nokia device software removed. Modifying Nokia device yourself could void warranty or damage the device.

Sudhersan91

I plugged my recharge but i doesn't got turn on ? plz help me out :smileysad:

Registered Member
Jgjeetu

Thanks deepestblue your suggestion realy works , Thanks for saving my lots of money , God bless you dude :smileyhappy: