Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800XM v030.0.011 email notification

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800XM v030.0.011 email notification

Hi, i just upgraded my 5800's firmware to v30.0.011 and the email notifications on the homescreen don't seem to work. After updating, i did  a hardreset, restored backup and tried it but i cant get the notifications on the homescreen. Please help? 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Go to Menu --> Settings --> Personal --> Home Screen --> Email notification

There you should be able to turn the visibility on.

Let us know if this solved your problem! :smileyhappy:

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

and also i think i read somewhere, it does not show up in every home screen set up. you have to try the contacts vs. standard or whateer home screen options are for your phone and see if that changes anything
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
freebird123

[ Edited ]

johnmunge wrote:
After updating, i did  a hardreset, restored backup and tried it but i cant get the notifications on the homescreen.

Hi,

Don't restore a backup (at least not the settings. You can restore contacts and calendar though). I'm afraid, if you want to use the email notification you have to reconfigure your phone from scratch. That's what I found out by myself and is also mentioned on other forums.

FreeBird

Message Edited by freebird123 on 29-Jul-2009 10:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

People, what do you call "Email Notifications"?

I have Email For Exchange in my 5800, and i receive a pop up every time i have a new email. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

"Email Notifications" is something on your homescreen that tells you how many unread emails you have in specific mailbox on your phone and it was just implemented in the latest firmware.

Not everybody has MfE and recieves a pop up when a new email arrives... :smileyhappy:

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
miyra

I got the email notification only when the home screen is set to shortcuts bar.
3310 >>> 8250 >>> 3120 >>> 6070 >>> 5300 XpressMusic >>> 6120 Classic >>> 5800 XpressMusic
Please use plain text.
Sage
ravidavi

Correct miyra ... at this time email notifications are only possible in shortcuts bar homescreen mode.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, thanks guys. Apparently you shouldn't restore any prevous back ups after hard reseting the phone. The best thing to do is Ovi sync to restore contacts, calendar and notes
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ok, so for having email notification, i will have to do a reset and then install all what i already have?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

vittorio wrote:
Ok, so for having email notification, i will have to do a reset and then install all what i already have?

That is correct, you basicly have to start costumizing your phone from scratch...which is a lot of work if had set it up already. So one should consider not doing it if you don´t really need he email notification... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

I'm having the same problem. I get an aural notification but no visual '@' sign (or any visual notification) on my main page as promised in the FAQ section that goes with Nokia Messaging. Ive followed the advice here and reset my phone. (had to enter in my time zone and all that again) but there is still no option in my home screen menu to set email notifications on. I can only add the shortcut which gives no notifications.

Am  I missing something? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

That shortcut that you can add looks like this right?

"@lalala@uhuhuh.com (0)" - on your homescreen

That is the notifications feature you won´t get any other sign than the sound ant the "0" changing to a "1" if you get a new email...

Please use plain text.

Thanks for the reply. When I go to Menu-Settings-Personal-Homescreen I only have the following options :smileyfrustrated:hortcuts,search, music player, radio and calendar. Im guessing from what you and others have said here is that I should now have an email notification option which I can select to appear on my homescreen but I don't. The only option I have is to add a shortcut button for the messaging app to my homescreen (by selecting email app as one of my four 'shortcuts') which isnt the same thing you are taking about.

Maybe I should just try again from scratch - very annoying though having to reset all your settings. 

illinjah wrote:

That shortcut that you can add looks like this right?

"@lalala@uhuhuh.com (0)" - on your homescreen

That is the notifications feature you won´t get any other sign than the sound ant the "0" changing to a "1" if you get a new email..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Can someone post a screen of the phone with the email notification on?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry to say this is NOT a SOLUTION!

This (hard-reset) is just a WORKAROUND!

Nokia have to make a fix for this bug.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
grayburn

See screenshot below Vittorio
Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks, that was just what i need!

Another question, you still have the email sound alert?

Nice theme you have.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
grayburn

vittorio wrote:
Thanks, that was just what i need!

Another question, you still have the email sound alert?

Nice theme you have.

Yes i still have the e-mail alert sound

Heres the theme if you want it.

http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/themes-s60v5/29430-azenis-dsma.html#post230436

Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Does anyone uses the email notification with MfE?
Please use plain text.