Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 603, belle FP1 disaster

Contributor

Nokia 603, belle FP1 disaster

Hi,

Can anyone help me, after I updated to belle FP1 from the phone itself (sw update) the contacts do not work, the list is dislpayed but if I choose a contact a black screen appears and contacts program crashes.

I did the following:

1. Hard reset the phone by turning off then pressing the home+volumedown+camera+ON buttons, but did not help. (this step made me lose all ovi apps such as maps, store,...etc)
  2. Connected the phone to OVI suite and made a software re-install but also wasn't helpful still the contacts do not work and lost the most important apps.
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 603, belle FP1 disaster

i also did hard reset bt it was not working gud then i restarted it and it hanged after nokia logo now my phone is in nokia care

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Alexander_S

Please, don't do it again. Resetting phone using home+volume_down+camera+ON buttons will erase parts of standard software. You will not get it back, even when reinstalling from Nokia Suite. The only solution for you right now is to contact Nokia Customer Care workshop and reflash your phone there.
Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

its in nokia care now

I did not do the hard reset till it was hopeless.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Abhi06_08_1995

Hey did belle fp1 bring processor boost for 603 also????
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Alexander_S

No, Nokia 603 is not getting processor boost.
Do you really need one?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fantomas

I've had similar problem with my 603, after belle update it didn't boot. I've had to use the 4-key combination. I don't have store, adobe reader, quickoffice and others. I even can't install them by using suite.
Why can't we reinstall preinstalled software by ourselves?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ovishare

hi bro just go u nokia care and reupdate u mobile.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shruti_jain

I went to software updates, and installed the software updates available.. It asked me 'Restart Needed', I selected to go with restart and then my phone dint show a single light.:smileysad: I tried starting it again with On Key but no response..:smileymad:

I know I should go to Nokia Care but these guys will dissect the phone and then it will be all loose. Had such an experience with my xpress music 5310 handset. Since then the music keys are loose and sim dsnt fit into it hence no network detected.. I got this 603 in June 2012, its still under warranty. Will Nokia replace the phone??

Please use plain text.