Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6300 - Videos

Old_phone
Accepted Solution

Nokia 6300 - Videos

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am old_phone, but a new user. I am about to retire my first, trusty phone, a Nokia 6300, and am appealing for knowledge on how to move my videos to my pc before I do. My first problem is I have never worked out how to use forums, and I can't find any instructions on this one on how or where to post my problem. I hope some one can reply with instructions on how I can get started asking my question.
thanks
Old_phone

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

@Old_phone on your Windows computer, does the Nokia Suite help?

Please use plain text.
Old_phone

[ Edited ]

Abi99 wrote:

@Old_phone on your Windows computer, does the Nokia Suite help?

Hi Abi99

Thanks for the suggestion, I did try.  I downloaded all my photos using Nokia suite and it seems to have downloaded the opening frame of each video as a jpeg, but did not recognise the format of the videos. No videos appeared in the gallery on my computer after the download,

When I look at the folder that my videos are stored in on my phone through my computer (bluetoothed) the files appears empty, and when I try to share the videos with my computer through bluetooth the connection fails.

I don't know what format the videos are when they are on the phone - maybe this information would help find a way to read or see them from the PC.

Old_phone

Moderator's note: We have provided a subject-related title to help other forum users easily view and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Were these videos recodered with the Nokia 6300 camera? On your Nokia 6300, are you able to open them via Gallery or just via the Media Player?

Please use plain text.
Old_phone

Abi99 wrote:

Were these videos recodered with the Nokia 6300 camera? On your Nokia 6300, are you able to open them via Gallery or just via the Media Player?

Yes, I recorded them with the Nokia 6300 camera, and I view them through the Gallery, in a folder accessed through the memory card.

Thanks, Old_phone

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

A) If you take the microSD and put in a SD card adapter, or

B) if you choose the USB mode Mass Storage,

you should see the video files in /Extra/Video. No?

Which extension do those filenames have? .3gp?

Please use plain text.
Old_phone

Abi99 wrote:

A) If you take the microSD and put in a SD card adapter, or

B) if you choose the USB mode Mass Storage,

you should see the video files in /Extra/Video. No?

Which extension do those filenames have? .3gp?

Thank you for your persistence Abi99. 

I connected the phone to the computer by USB, selected USB mode: Data Storage, and found the memory card as a drive on my computer, copied the video folder to "my videos" and can view the .3gp files through media player.  Now have the 50 videos of my children growing over the last 6 years (or so).  Thank you again, I am very grateful.

Best wishes, Old_phone

Problem resolved.

Please use plain text.