Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6630 - Nokia PC Suite Support Update

Contributor

Nokia 6630 - Nokia PC Suite Support Update

[ Edited ]

Hi to everyone out there to help me,

Few weeks ago, I updated my phone software and after that, I found out that I could view old messages and send new ones from my pc. I loved that feature, but didn't use it often. As I wanted to use it again today, I couldn't... I can view my contacts, calender entries, but cannot view my messages. I can send new ones though...

An error occurs as I connect my phone to my pc (via cable), which I had beforehand too I guess. It's not English, so I will translate it myself:

"Nokia PC Suite

In order to make your phone support new features, the PC Suite support on your phone has to be updated.

Would you like to update the PC Suite support on your cell phone (Nokia 6630)?"

- I click on the green tick.

A quick dissapearing window pops up... It's hard to tell what appears even on my own language xD:

"Installing...

Accept all upcoming approvals on your phone"

Then in 1-2 seconds the message changes into:

"PC Suite support installation failed"

- I click on the green tick, the only option.

Well, as I said before, besides that I am unsure, this problem existed beforehand, and I could view my messages even like that.

I tried repairing the Nokia PC Suite, after I send this message I will uninstall and install it once... I will update the situation... 

Message Edited by ThoAppelsin on 13-Dec-2009 01:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Uninstalled & Installed PC Suite, no use... Still can't view messages.

And, if it is important, I upgrade to Nokia Ovi Suite today, and had to degrade back to Nokia PC Suite, as Ovi Suite does not support 6630... But Ovi Suite is completely removed (I uninstalled Ovi Suite, and Ovi Suite Update Tool), I guess...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I removed phone related drivers from Device Manager and let PC Suite install them again, still no use... Help please!xD

Please use plain text.

I am facing the same problem with my N-97. On ths same laptop and PC suite my N95 is working very well but Inspite of all uninstalls, PC cleanings and reinstalls N97 wont work. Messages and Contacts are gone rest all apliactions including calander are working fine. If you get a solution please let me know as well.....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can do everything not related to messaging, like viewing/editing contacts, viewing/editing calendar entries, accessing music/videos/files on my phone... I simply cannot view messages on my phone or send new sms messages from my computer through my phone.

I tried to get help by calling Nokia Support on my country. My last option was to reinstall my phone software, but as I tried to back-up my phone on my computer, it warned me that I won't be able to back-up my messages properly, so I gave up doing that... 

I wish we could get some help, but it seems nobody even cares about it... 

Message Edited by ThoAppelsin on 20-Dec-2009 01:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am not sure if your is resolved. I had a similar issue with my N97. I un-installed PC Suite and Ovi suite, ran Nokia PC suite cleaner. Restarted the laptop. Installed PC suite and Ovi suite.  And both updated the phone software successfully.

Hope this helps 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

More than a year has passed... The problem remains unsolved

Nokia = Fail

Please use plain text.
Ehin

Date: 2011 Jan 03

Nokia 6630 (RM-1)
Firmware version
Current: 5.03.08
Update (as of date above): 5.03.08

Nokia Software Updater ver: 2.6.6en

Connection via Nokia DKU-2 USB

I have exactly same problem as you described:

PC Suite (7.1.51.0)
message box displays:
[
The PC Suite support installed on your phone must be updatedto support new features.

Do you want to udpadte PC Suite support on your cell phone (Nokia 6630)?

[green tick <yes> ] [red X <no>  ]

]

InstalLing
[Accept all possible installation requests on your phone
]

PC Suite support installation failed
< green tick > ]

As this goes on a banner momentarilydisplays on the phone, it is an Icon and the name "INSTALLER"
this  happens twice

then finally,
PC Suite support instalation failed

On the phone i see:
   Tools->Manager-->
        (App. Manager)
         PC_Suite_Sup (70kb)
         Version 1.7.0

On its status, it says it is NOT INSTALLED

So I select the option to install it but when I view the details again its status still says NOT INSTALLED.

I go on and Select REMOVE and it is dutifully removed from the list.

I coldboot the phone and upon verifying that it is not on the app manager list. I restart PC Suite and go through the procedures above (Install PC Suite support) and again it ends up with pc suite installation failed.

Checking on the appmanager, it reappears on the list. but it is NOT INSTALLED as per its status.

I'm thinking perhaps if there was an app (PC SUITE SUPPORT) i can download and install via PC SUite then perhaps that would solve the problem, but I've grown weary (leary?) of trawling Nokia's site(s) for it as I've ended up with zilch thus far.

Any one out there that can help? Someone from Nokia would be nice ...

Ihope i get notification of replies ...

Please use plain text.
abhi7848

I faced the same problem. I have found one solution.

The phone date (the 6680 phone's date) must be earlier than 12.6.2007! Then it worked!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Changing the date setting of the phone did not work.

I am actually GLAD that this ridiculous trick didn't work...

It is funny that I could use this "messaging through computer" function only once, and that I couldn't do it ever again.

Thank you Nokia, for making me aware of the feature I am missing. I would be happier if I did not know I could actually do such a thing.

Please use plain text.
abhi7848

Just set the date as 12.6.2007. If dosen't work the restart the device.

In my my handset this trick worked....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
longtopi

Hi Man, I had a same problem with you in N6630. It's also can read the Contact and Not be able to acess Massage on PC. I had some recommedation and I think it maybe useful for you:

1. Check the secutity : Menu/tools/manager/Option/settings/Software installation = ON

2. Change the date of phone to 15/06/2007 (A funy solution of the previous man Thank so much).

3. Download PC suite 7.and Nokia Siute 3.2.100.

and Setup is Okie.

Good lucks :squint:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SWATcyp

I have just solved this problem by resetting the date. The real issue is changing the date of your phone to a time before the certificate of "PC Suit Support" program(SIS) expires. The trick of learning the expiration date is= Menu>Tools>Manager>PC Suit Support>Options>View Certificate... In this section you will see the expiration date and valid from categories. Your responsibility is changing your phone's date to a time inbetween those dates. Then you can install the update.

I hope this will be helpful.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pravin3882

hey abhi7848 ...you are the best..it works...thanx buddy...

Please use plain text.