Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6680

Counsellor
robertcc79
Accepted Solution

Nokia 6680

Hi,

I need help with me Nokia 6680. If anyone has an answer to any of my questions, please send me a reply.

I purchased a used Nokia 6680 from a friend of mine and he has done some changes on the phone and basically, I would like to know if there is any way I can reverse any changes he did. He told me that he removed some softwares that was originally installed on the phone because he needed more space. When I purchased the phone from him, he also included the "Product CD-ROM" & "USB Cable Wire" to connect to a PC. I did run the CD-ROM and connected my phone using the cable wire provided, and I am not sure of what to do next. I don't know what was removed from the phone, so therefore I don't know what I need to re-install.

If someone can please give me a step by step instructions on how I can restore, or re-program, the phone back to original factory settings with original factory softwares installed, would be very helpful. I've asked Nokia's Technical Support but they have not replied. It's been a couple of months now since I contacted them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Robert
DON'T HIT KIDS... THEY HAVE GUNS NOW.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi robertcc79

Firstly I presume that you have installed a version of PC Suite from CD, which almost certainly out of date now!

I want you to go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Remove PC Suite. You also need to remove "Nokia Connectivity Cable driver" and "PC Connectivity Solution" programs

Reboot your PC - Important

Go to:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4176089

You want to download latest version of PC Suite 6.83 rel_14.1 and install. Once you have checked it's functionality - Reboot your PC

Revisit above Nokia site and download Nokia Software Updater v.1.3.83en

Now you need to make sure battery in phone fully charged, set profile to "general" and start NSU. After "detecting phone" you should be given option of either updating software or re-installing existing software if no update available. Don't worry about messages saying phone disconnecting as normal process during updating. After it says process complete, you may be asked to insert code (default Nokia is 12345)

Your 6680 should now be restored to factory fresh condition!

Hope the above is of some help to you:smileyhappy:

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
robertcc79

scoobyman,

Thank you so much for your reply, and I am very sorry for my late response. I have not had a chance to follow your steps, I've been extreamly busy for the past couple of months. Rest assure that your time and effort did not go to waste. I will perform and follow your instructions ASAP and will post my the out come here.

Again, than you so much for your reply!

robertcc79
DON'T HIT KIDS... THEY HAVE GUNS NOW.
Please use plain text.