Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 700 hard reset

Advisor
Deflow
Accepted Solution

Nokia 700 hard reset

So this evening I backuped my phone and did a hard reset. It said that it will restart phone. I pressed okay and it turned off the phone and screen went black. Waited 5,10,15mins. Nothing appears on the screen and I can't even turn it on. Removed battery and put it back in and then it starts booting up [about 30-50seconds but usually it's faster] and then goes black screen like it's turned off.

Any way to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deflow

Re: Nokia 700 hard reset

Okay. I guess I fixed it myself. Turned it on by pressing lock/unlock + volume down + camera + on/off + menu button and it worked.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tre700

Hi guys pls pls help!! I also did a hard reset on my 700 and now it won't turn on. even when i remove the battery. all it does is vibrate, then the nokia logo appears, then the loading bar and then it goes blank. Ia m freaking out because I received this phone yesterday. pls pls help me!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tre700

this does not work. I tried it a million times.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

If you bought the phone JUST yesterday.. take it back to the shop from where you got it and get it replaced ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tre700

I purchase it on amazon.com & I am thousands of miles away from where they deliver to.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Oh ! In that case a Nokia Care will definitely much nearer ... Get it inspected ( most probably flashed) thru' them ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tre700

Well I am screwed because I live in the Caribbean and there are no Nokia Care stores here.Its my fault, i install NetQin antivirus via pc (usb cable) & after installation my phone stopped responding. I think the app had a virus. My phone took forever to turn back on after i removed the battery and when it finally did, that's when i performed the hard reset.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Netqin is to me a known issue regarding this, amyhow,

Hold down 4 keys for about 8 seconds. I think camera key, volume down and the 2 phone keys (dial and hung up).
Dont rush it..
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Ztuka wrote:

Hold down 4 keys for about 8 seconds. I think camera key, volume down and the 2 phone keys (dial and hung up).

Correct keys are volume down, menu,and camera button depressed and momentarily pressing red phone(power on) until first vibration felt then release, keeping other three depressed until country setup appears.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tre700

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!! and by the way its the menu button+power on+Camera button+lock/unlock button+volume down. Someone had to help me because the buttons are so tiny and uncomfortable.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tre700

Oh after the first vibration, be sure to keep your fingers on all of the other buttons expect the power on button. when the screen ask to select a country, then you release all of the buttons.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@Tre700

Glad it worked out for you but pretty certain that inclusion of lock/unlock button is superfluous, as I know that I did not need it to "hard reset" 700 a few weeks ago!

For a right handed person line up 700 along edge of work surface with Nokia end on the right. With left hand place middle finger over menu and thumb  over camera camera with first finger poised over red phone (power on) and with right hand hold phone steady with thumb over volume down then start sequence.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cutejonesraj10

boss iam also having the same problem. i made the reset first by *#7370#. and waited but blank screen appeared. after that i reset with pressing lock/unlock + volume down + camera + on/off + menu button it also boots but after some time goes blank. any other idea?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try the Hard Reset a few more times and you may get it right .. If no change, you need to visit Nokia Care ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

cutejonesraj10 wrote:

after that i reset with pressing lock/unlock + volume down + camera + on/off + menu button it also boots but after some time goes blank. any other idea?

Don't know whom erroneously introduced lock/unlock key into this equation, it has only ever been three key depressed power on utilising four fingers as we are not spiders!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
berniekluivert

I made a hard reset by using the volume down+menu+camera button+on/off button.

My browser is messing up and I cannot even find nokia store app on it.what should I do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may download the Store QML client for Symbian from HERE .. To download, you need to log-in using the SAME credentials that you use on this forum ..

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

The reset method above is not intended for public/general use to reset your phone. I is reserved for use as a last resort for a Nokia Care Point or repair centre before a flash of the phone to be able to bring it into a working state if it is not. This reset _will_ remove or make unusable some applications or may make the device become unstable.

The only two user-applicable options are:

Soft Reset; *#7780# possibly followed by security code (default is 12345)

This will reset the device settings to defaults. It does not delete any personal data or system files.

Hard Reset; *#7370 possibly followed by security code (default is 12345)

This will erase all custom data and return settings to default values. It will not change the system files.

If you used the key-combination method it would be a good idea to visit a Nokia Care point where they will be able to restore the original firmware (latest available version for your device) including apps or system files which will be removed using this reset method. This may not be covered under warranty though and will completely wipe all information from your device so make sure you create a backup in Nokia Suite before you have this done.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ace_of_diamond

Thank you very much for that.

Please use plain text.