Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 700 says Updates available in notificati...

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 700 says Updates available in notifications.

Hi my phone is up to date but still get update available icon in status bar top of screen.

When I go to Updates available in notifications, the phone checks and then says  your phone is already fully up-to-date.

How do I get rid of notification icon? Its annoying.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Nokia 700 says Updates available in notifications.

Hi owen101,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried going into the Sw Update under the applications menu, press cancel when it tries to check for updates then hit the settings icon which looks like 3 lines in the corner and then where it says Auto-check for updates switch this to off?

Then go into the notifications tab and clear the notification. Then try switching the phone off and on. 

If after this you still keep getting the update available notification then try doing a soft reset. This can be done by dialing *#7780# with the default code 12345. 

Give this a go and let me know if it helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks Raoul_Duke, Went to Sw Update under the applications menu and then pressed cancel when it checked for updates. The notification icon then disappeared. Strange..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Flavio

same happened with me. the solution worked... weird! :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
legalalien

Also worked for my N8 with Belle.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hatchet

Same worked for my Nokia 700. Very weird, but thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
NBinah

Thanks! Worked for my N8 with Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pravan

Thanks!! Worked with my Nokia E7 :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.