Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 701 (BELLE) problems

Counsellor
swaroopdutta

Nokia 701 (BELLE) problems

I have N8 and 701 both.

There are some disappointments with 701.

(1) Google Maps is NOT working in 701 (Belle),

(2) While downloading Maps of India in Nokia Maps, the whole country map has to be downloaded at once for 701, whereas it can be downloaded state-wise in N8 (Anna),

(3) Anna has got one nice feature at home screen, I can check the Battery Level (in %), Activate and De-activate power saving mode, and go to Network Settings right from the Home Screen, which is NOT available in BELLE.   :-(

Is Nokia listening ???

Nokia 3530 -> E50 -> E75 -> E72 -> X6 + E71 -> N8-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

As far as the third issue is concerned, you can simply drag your finger from up to down on the screen. This way a panel control will appear.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

it is up to Google to develop and release google maps symbian belle version but you can try google maps java version from getjar website not sure though
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

Sadly,  the Control Panel from the TOP of the screen doesn't  display the Battery Level, Activation & Deactivation of Power save mode or going to the Network Settings directly ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

To get the battery level in % you can download PhoNetInfo from Nokia Ovi store (http://store.ovi.com/content/147522).

Please use plain text.
decent_suhel

Symbian belle Claims it has Resizable widgets.. I have a Nokia 701 and disappointed that there is no option to resize the widgets.. Has any had similar problem..is there any update available to resize the widget

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rbata

Yeah... I used to activate the power saving mode everyday before sleeping... to save battery and to turn off the screen saver clock which light all my room. Now I miss that feature...

Nokia, focus on developing new features not removing features people get used to...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

To solve n. 3 problem, just install from Nokia Store the app called"Battery Monitor 2".  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

try this free widget to know battery usage on home screen
http://store.ovi.com/content/103191?clickSource=search&pos=5
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rbata

Found out that pressing the power button (top button of N8) I have the option to activate power saving! So it is really just one click away.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swaroopdutta

rbata wrote:
Found out that pressing the power button (top button of N8) I have the option to activate power saving! So it is really just one click away.

But pressing the power button only helps in activating / deactivating the Power-Saving mode. It doesn't show the battery level percentage.

Many users have advised for use of Third-party apps, but it would have been better as an in-built feature of Symnian Belle.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Download "Battery Info" widget on Nokia Store.  It's free and works in Belle.  It also has lower RAM overhead than Battery Monitor 2.0.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/13839_Battery_Info.php

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LandoftheRich

The Google Maps app does work in Belle on the 701. But there is a bug. Wifi must be turned on before launching the app. You don't have leave wifi on once the app is launched though.

I wouldn't hold your breath on google updating their maps app for symbian. They just killed the symbian app for gmail, which makes me think Google Maps for symbian isn't long for this world. Download it while you still can.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohandani1

The Notification Bar and Lockscreen doesn't show me Whatsapp messages. It'd be better if message notification had an option of a preview.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

swaroopdutta wrote:

I have N8 and 701 both.

There are some disappointments with 701.

(3) Anna has got one nice feature at home screen, I can check the Battery Level (in %), Activate and De-activate power saving mode, and go to Network Settings right from the Home Screen, which is NOT available in BELLE.   :-(

Is Nokia listening ???

The battery percentage figure on Nokia phones is pretty useless and inaccurate, at best. But I do agree that being unable to access the network settings from the home screen will be missed by me and is another reason for me to not upgrade my N8 to Belle.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
akhilmanu

how to see geotagged photos in maps,,help me plz,,.

Please use plain text.
ffaarrooqq

• Unfortunatally Google Map is not working on Nokia Belle.
  • Nokia Map is Waste of Time because it always shows wrong information of my Area.
  • To Check Battery Life, Download 'Battery Monitor 2' app.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Göggel maps?

Try this out, httphttp://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite://

Use yahoo imap email  instead of göggelmail...anyway göggelmail works excellent in native belle email client.

If you installl nokia sleeping screen you can use one of the wall papers to see the clock and clearly see the battery consumption (not in percent but very clear anyway).

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAlshahawy

For (3) problem, You can use 'Power Saving Switcher' application to Activate / Deactivate Power Saving mode with one touch. It's designed for Nokia Belle.

Get it from Nokia Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/248203
Please use plain text.