Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 701, Battery Back Up Issue, Bluetooth is...

Technical Expert
svi78

Re: Nokia 701, Battery Back Up Issue, Bluetooth issue, Phone backup issue.

The bluetooth issue has been fixed on the latest Nokia 701 device software version, 111.030.0609. You can upgrade either via Nokia Suite or  via SW Update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I have updated my 701 using FOTA to version 0609.
It says failed when trying to send a music file to 5130Xpressmusic phone. But after adding to paired device list it was successful.
No problem.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Xackwillson

I need help with my nokia 701 please help battery drains too quickly after charging fully the battery starts falling after 15 mis (one bar down)
Please use plain text.
dragosnaby

Yes battery is very poor, lost 50 % of battery after 1 day and all usage was a 30 min call .No apps open in background no bt no wireless no internet .I brought this phone couse android phones use to much battery but now i wanna sell it. And i hate the most that on so many forums ppl are talking about nokia improving battery and stuff like that and nokia specs for phones are not even close to reality .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

My 701 has very good battery backup.
Battery drains quickly if I install Whatsup app.

Waiting for Viber and Skype.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
dragosnaby

I resolve my problem ... most of the battery was used for mail check .After i turn off mail check battery was ok , i belive is going to a 3-4 days with full brightnes and normal usage 1 hour talk some messages and some games . Hope this helps you .
Please use plain text.
Contributor

same problem is also with me . battery backup is very much bad .....

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I recently buy a nokia 701 . I don't know that its battery backup is very low .Now this time i must say that i waste my money by purchasing this phone ....i am not satisfied with this phone ...sir please help me out from battry backup problem ...My phone n.o is 9807056472 ..please contact me 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
morbeedo

Nokia 701 has an IPS type LCD, so check if you have not the screen saver enabled. If so there is a quite significant amount of the current drawn by the LCD for lighting the Big CLock screensaver. This may cause the battery capacity attack. Nokia 701 has AMOLED instead, which can afford such feature.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
clrap55

Check your wifi connection , go to WIFI ,settings : energy saver must be active. For me this solved the battery problem.

Please use plain text.
remo_phd9

Re: Nokia 701, Battery Back Up Issue

THERE ARE MANY REASONS FOR POOR BACKUP:FIRST I DISUSS THE REASONS THEN I WILL TELL 100% WORKING METHOD FOR LONGER BACK UP.                                                       REASONS:

1.BACKGROUND RUNNING  HIGH ENERY CONSUMING PROGRAMS LIKE VILINGO,MAZELOCK, ANY ANTIVIRUS, ANY CALL RECORDING SOFTWARE ETC.

2.  EMAIL CHECKER CONSUMES MUCH BATTERY

3.ENABLING BLUE TOOTH, WIFI ,3G CONSUMES MUCH BATTERY

4.SOME FREE APPLICATIONS AUTOMATICALLY CONNECTS INTERNET, CALLS IN POOR SIGNAL

5. DUE TO USE OF ENERGY CONSUMING THEMES AND SCREEN SAVERS

METHOD TO INCREASE BATTERY BACK UP:

1.FIRST INSTALL NOKIA ENERGY PROFILER AND CHECK BATTERY CONSUMING STATUS     IT WII BE 30% To % 50 % AND SO ON.

2.NOW DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL" HANDY TASKMAN" BUT IT IS SHAREWARE YOU CAN GET FULL CRACK/ INCLU.SERIALNUMBER  BY GOOGLING IT.AFTER INSTALLING IT PRESS THE TASK BUTTON THAT IS MIDDLE BUTTON YOU HAVE TO PRESS AND HOLD FOR A MINUTE THEN IT SHOWS ALL PROGRAMS RUUNNING IN THE BACKGRUND THEN GO TO OPTIONS LOCATED AT RIGHT SIDE WITH THREE BARS CLICK IT THEN SELECT CLOSE ALL IT AUTOMATICALLY CLOSES UNNECESSARY APPLICATIONS.IF ANY APPLICATION IT CANNOT CLOSE KIILIT.DONT KILL HOME SCREEN.QT APP BOOSTER, SCREEN SAVER.

3.NOW CHECK BATTERY CONSUMPTION WITH ENERGY PROFILER IT WIIL BE 8 % T0 15%

NOW YOUR BATTERY BACKUP WILL INCREASE.THIS METHOD INCREASED MY NOKIA 701 BACKUP TREMENDOUSLY.EACH TIME YOU RESTART PHONE YOU SHOULD FOLLOW STEP 2.

4.NOKIA BATTERY MONITOIR SOFTWARE IS ALSO SHOWS THE STATISTICS OF TOP ENERGY CONSUMERS

IF THIS PROCEDURE COMPLICATED ,SIMPLY CHECK THE ABOVE MENTIONS REASONS

DISABLE UNNECESSARY PROGRAMS, USE POWER SAVING MODE,DONT USE  HIGH ENERGY CONSUMING PROGRAMS.USE GSM MODE INSTEAD OF 3G MODE, IF NOT NECESSARY: DISABLE AUTOMATIC MAIL CHECKER, DISABLE  WIFI, AND BLUETOOTH IF NOT NEEDED:smileyvery-happy:ONT USE OTHER THEMES AND SCREEN SAVERS.CHECK ANY UNNECESSARY PROGRAMS RUNNING BY CLICKING TASK BUTTON AND CLOSE THEM.I HOPE THE ABOVE METHODS WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shaileshk

i have one and only problem with nokia 701 and that is of battery backup

when phone feels warm battery starts draing out and when hot it drain very fast

can this will be solved

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I hope Nokia solves this battery backup problem in FP2.

Please use plain text.
kadbihznao

when can i update my 701 with sw 111.030.0609
Please use plain text.