Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 701 FP1 Sim Card Problem

Counsellor
ronmati

Nokia 701 FP1 Sim Card Problem

Have you encountered sim card problem after updating your Nokia 701 to FP1? Sim card is not detected. What did you do to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Re: Nokia 701 FP1 Sim Card Problem

Did you try restarting after installing FP1.

Remove the SIM clean and reinsert.

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@ronmati

How old is your SIM card?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Alex_lt

u must renew the sim card from mobile operator, it solves the problem, bro.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ronmati

I already brought my phone to nokia care center. They reformatted / reinstalled the phone software. But my old Smart sim card is still not detected. I tried to use Globe sim card and it works fine, the phone was able to detect it.So, I assumed it was sim card hardware problem. I brought my old sim card to Smart wireless center to renew / upgrade it. It is now as good as new sim card. But the problem is still there. My sim card is still not detected.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Try to reset all security codes, SIM, phone etc in the phone.
Restart the phone. If it doesnt regognize the sim, then take out the battery for a couple of hours (over the night)...
I actually have discovered this strange issue also. I solved it by doing some stuff with security codes and restarting. You may also try a soft reset among the above things.
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ronmati

I haven't yet changed anything with the codes. Security codes is reset when my phone is reformatted. Same with sim card when it was renewed/upgraded. I also tried to take out the battery for about 15 minutes but it did not worked. I have not yet tried for over the night. I'll try tonight. I also tried soft reset but it did not worked too.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

[ Edited ]

If you have another phone,use that SIM card. If you get the same problem then take the phone to Nokia Care.

If the new SIM works okay then your original SIM is faulty

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Faliure to register sim card

this problem has occured many times since i updated to FP!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

basimrazzo

Switch off the phone

Remove the SIM card.

Restart the phone

The phone should start and go into "offline" mode

Switch off the phone

Insert SIM card

Restart

Does it work ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ronmati

@babdi

My sim works properly with my other phone. It is only my Nokia 701 can't detect it.

Is it possible that the phone gets lock (or not openline) for some network provider?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Okay.

Try this

Switch off the phone

Remove the battery

Reinsert the battery after about 5 minutes

When you restart 701 will ask "Phone in offline mode do you want to continue" Say "No"

After a while the phone will swicth to normal mode and get connected.

If the phone asks for date and time enter the information required

Hope this helps 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ronmati

Still not detected.

My phone did not ask "Phone in offline mode do you want to continue". I always goes offline.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Please take it to Nokia care point.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ronmati wrote:

Still not detected.

My phone did not ask "Phone in offline mode do you want to continue". I always goes offline.

One try before a visit to Nokia Care.. In an earlier post you mentioned that the GLOBE Sim worked.. So insert that and select 'Offline' Profile. Then switch the phone off and replace the SIM with which you face problem. This time it should ask what babdi has mentioned ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
justindominic

i was using bharti airtel sim card it was working fine fine prior to belle fp1 i did hard reset and it went dead

i sent it to nokia care after 15 days it came back with belle fp1 only

now when i put my old sim it doesnt work

but when i put new airtel sim in gujarat it works for me

my browser intrnet is also not working and wifi too :smileysad:

i regret buying nokia other phones dont have such basic problem :'(

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I am also face this same problem after update Belle FP1 on 22.04.12.  I have approached the Nokia care. They were advised me to change the SIM card.  I have approached my network provider and got the new SIM.  After that also the same problem exists. Again I went to Nokia care. They are updating the software and told that there is possibilities to missing of one or two files at the time of update.  After that the phone has detect the SIM and work for 2 Hrs. only.  Again the phone has been automatically goes to offline mode.

Again went to nokia care on 24.04.12 and they are told me the device has to be sent to Delhi.  After 13 days yesterday only I got my phone.  Now it is work properly.

But I have loss my confidence with nokia.  At the time of purchasing, all of my friends are insist me for SAMSUNG.  Since from beginning I used only nokia phones like 6600, N70, 5800 I am select the 701.  But now, first time, I feel something wrong with my selection of nokia. 

Another bad thing is, the device is very heat, even I can't able to put the device in my ear.  Nokia have to solve this issues at the earliest to hold the market as well as nokia lovers.

If anything major issue is in this model. nokia should be withdraw this model and give replacement to the customers to satisfy them. Because an unsatisfied customers word is more powerful and will destroy the market. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ronmati

[ Edited ]

@

Still not detected.
I tried it but still my phone always goes offline.

@ JayakumarKarur

What did they do? Did they reinstall the software?

@ justindominic

Is your old sim and new sim are from the same network provider? If yes, are you not having problem until now with your new sim? I having this problem with Smart Sim Cards even I use new. Globe sim works properly with my phone and I have no problem so far.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may visit your Network operator's office along with the working SIM. Show them that its not a Phone problem. Try their SIM there and there ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ronmati

I think it is the FP1 causing the problem. My network operator's sim works properly before the update. I'll visit first Nokia Care Center. I don't think its the operator because my sim works well with other phones.

Please use plain text.