Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 701 Symbian Belle No Video Call Apps

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nokia 701 Symbian Belle No Video Call Apps

No Fring, No Skype,  No Oovoo, Not even YM video call, No QIK,  so what else is there for Video Call?  other features like widgets and icon moving around is not something new feature. If you may have come accross with any Videocall apps for Belle please let me know . Thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

Re: Nokia 701 Symbian Belle No Video Call Apps

the creators of those apps haven't created compatible versions for Belle yet.

just wait and check again later for new versions.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Sage

You can also still use video call through your network provider. Admitted, this can cost money, and might not be available in your region, but it's a solution.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tahvo

Wierd that it takes 3months to make a update for symbia os and iphone has the video call from way back 6months ago. Tells something abouts symbias future. Belle works well on my N8 but the apps are out dated and nobody wants to make good apps for it unless Nokia pays them
Please use plain text.
Contributor
S_H_A_N_I

So whose responsibility to make belle-compatible apps??

Nokia should pay attention on this concern so that these companies make compatible video calling apps for symbiams phones(with sec camera).

otherwise belle is **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikem14

Come on Nokia. Second camera and no video call available?? Get focus!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thaohuph

My Nokia C7 with belle is facing the same problem with you. Now I can not use any video call apps for my Nokia C7. If you already solved you problem, pls let me advice.

Thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajithchanaka

I am also waiting for video calls in my 701. Please release any software which is support video such as skype on iphone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aplombx

We need Video call apps like skype fring etc..I am using nokia 701 for more than 10 months and now I think I should move to android finally. I waited too long ....may be I have expected too much from Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arvind_exe

Hi,

Any update on the video call issue on this 701 phone. Updated to FP-2 but just few interface changes.

Did anyone discover some other apps to work around ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

[ Edited ]

Tahvo wrote:
Wierd that it takes 3months to make a update for symbia os and iphone has the video call from way back 6months ago. Tells something abouts symbias future. Belle works well on my N8 but the apps are out dated and nobody wants to make good apps for it unless Nokia pays them

I think it's fairly understandable after the Burning Platforms memo and now that Nokia's officially announced that Symbian's not going to get developed any more they won't be paying anyone either.

Symbian's had network operator video call for ages, but Nokia never really developed it beyond that. Now that the front camera has been disabled in Belle FP2, you can't even send a quick video via MMS/WhatsApp.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mostafizur26

how many year after you are update your skype for vedio call
on nokia701?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mostafizur26

when I buy this phone then I have to take wrong decission for buy it.
Please use plain text.