Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 701 USB Charging issue

Registered Member
stevenich

Nokia 701 USB Charging issue

My Nokia 701 charges perfectly when I use a PC or MAC USB port. It works sometimes when I use the supplied wall plug. I have tried others with the same results.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

No problems here. You should insert the pin correctly.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arpakon

Re: Nokia 701 Charging issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have the same problem on my 701. I first thought that the charger was not working at all, but as you said sometimes you can charge through it.

There is some problem in the phone battery charging management, software or hardware, but probably hardware since the problem does not appear on all phones.

Could someone from Nokia support please try to give us clues on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You should plug the charger properly to the wall socket and you should insert the pin correctly to the phone.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arpakon

You already made that suggestion in your previous post, so you should understand that it was not of much help, since I am still asking for help ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Try different charger. If it is still not working for you then goto Nokia care and ask for replacement. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arpakon

I had tried a different charger already. It seems to work better, which had made me think that only the charger was involved. But the fact that another user experienced the same problem seems to indicate that the phone might be responsible too.

Anyway I contacted Nokia support on the matter. I will maybe bring the phone (and charger) to a Nokia Care center.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jirka070

Now I have the same problem when the the Symbian was reinstalled on my 701. Immediately afterwards I plug the charger in it announces that the charging has been completed and does not charge at all. how can I fix it?

Please use plain text.