Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 701 call screen lock feature?

Counsellor
geekobelle
Accepted Solution

Nokia 701 call screen lock feature?

Hi nokia community,

was wondering if there is call screen lock feature in nokia belle? Because i couldn't find it any where in my nokia 701, even there is no option to edit the normal lock screen or button?

Why there are bugs and such small and important features are missing in nokia's belle OS?

Please help me feel like i'm using a smartphone.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

geekObelle
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

What do you want the "call screen lock" to do?

What is the bug?

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
geekobelle

It is the problem that i couldn't find call screen lock options.
There isn't even a option to customize the normal lock screen.

The worse of all is that even if my screen is already locked as i receive a call, answer / reject buttons become unlocked automatically, how can i prevent not to mistakenly answer or reject the call. There should be a slide unlock feature (i.e. In 5800 xpress music)

please solve this issue asap

geekObelle
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Hmm..I am not sure..call nokia care in your country.

I am not having anything to complain about regarding how my 701 behaves with incoming calls or things about "lock screen"..sorry.

PS Try out "Nokia sleeping screen" for nice "lock screen" features when phone is asleep..Nokia store..

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
geekobelle

i do have sleeping screen, there no problem with my handset calling feature either, but what i'm trying to say is that there is protection against accidental call pickup or rejection.

Why don't you try to notice it next time when you receive call. The screen call keys should be locked to prevent accidentally answering unwanted calls.

geekObelle
Please use plain text.
Sage

I think the problem's not only for the call function. I bought a 701 and used to have a 5800xm as well, so I know the "slide to unlock" functions quite well. That function was also used to answer calls and to stop/snooze the alarm clock. My new 701 doesn't have these functions and this morning I arrived late at work because I accidentally shut off the alarm instead of snoozing it :smileylol:

Besides the very annoying issue of not being able to update to last firmware revision because I'm in Italy... I really think those "slide to unlock" - "slide to answer" - "slide to snooze" functions were too good to be dropped like Nokia did with Belle... so I hope someone at Nokia will read this and reintroduce these functions in a future release of Belle, at least as an option (or additional app?)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
geekobelle

mario_sacchi you are absolutely right, it is not nice without slide to unlock feature.

Nokia should do something about it, at least as a optional feature it shoul be included.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

@geekobelle
I can understand that but I prefer just a touch on the screen to answer or decline instead of slide to answer and slide to decline an incoming call.

There is an app in the Nokia store with name slide answer, which prevent accidental touch on the screen when someone calls.

You need to slide to answer or unlock the screen.

I hope this solves your problem. :smileyhappy:

If this post helped you in anyway, click on the star and accept as solution. :smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Sage

SlideAnswer and SlideUnlock, unfortunately, are NOT free apps. It's a bit disappointing to discover that my brand new 701 doesn't do something that my old (but good) 5800XM does:

- to unlock phone

- to answer calls

- to snooze/stop alarm

- to snooze-stop calendar reminders

I'm not THAT surprised to see more and more people buying iPhones... Now Nokia's pursuing the same philosophy (if you want a feature, you BUY an app) but not with the same apparent quality...

These are just suggestions, anyways. Actual complaints are by people leaving Nokia for somesung or apple... Maybe someone in marketing will read.

Cheers...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
geekobelle

Hmm I can understand, actually I do agree with you as well.

More over to answer your question about those two apps, both are paid apps but there are free version available as well without any limitations, i downloaded slide answer from here http://bit.ly/GJqQA6 and it's working like a charm (for calls only).

Let me know about your views

geekObelle
Please use plain text.
Sage
AlanWatson

I discovered by accident that my newly purchased 701 became unlocked by movement in my pocket, which has never happened with previous Nokia phones. I have taken to locking the phone (by pressing on the power button) to get round this, but I would prefer a dual action to unlock the phone - my old one had a physical button to press and then a sreen button.

Even with the phone locked, I found myself answering a call before I knew I had, and I could easily have rejected it without meaning to.

I have just downloaded the free version of slide to unlock, but many of the option (notably auto run) are not available unless you buy the paid version.

I also find myself looking for paid apps to do things that came for free on earlier (and cheaper) Nokia phones, eg - capturing and downloading podcasts, monitoring GPS satellite status, seeing how much charge is left in the battery (although this last one may be specific to my situation in Taiwan, where for some reason the free Nokia Battery Monitor app is no longer available.)

I hope these things will come soon.

Alan

Please use plain text.