Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 701 memory card question

Advisor
saxonvincent

Nokia 701 memory card question

[ Edited ]

hi,,
am intending to buy a nokia 701 soon,,
will it support sandisk 32gb microsd class 4?
Or should i buy nokia 32gb? How much nokia memory card costs in india?
Will 701 support class 6 or class 10 cards?
What is the opinion about 701? The new update solved all the issues??

Please give a detailed expert advice, am new here,,

thank you,, :-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
eKamran

Re: Nokia 701 memory card question

Like u m also new here but not a newbie in Nokia.. :smileywink:
As per ur query u dont need a technical advisor, a standard micro SD card will work in 701, irrespective of company n class.

It already includes a whooping 8GB storage on board.

NOKIA cards r rare in indian markets especially here in Mumbai, u can try for Nokia priority dealers if u want in ur local areas.

What the issues u r talking abt in 701 ?
It already runs on Symbian Belle n will get FP1 update soon. A worth buy or shdbi say value for money ?? :smileywink:
In Love with Nokia, Symbian & N8-00
Please use plain text.
Advisor
saxonvincent

i was reading about the bluetooth issue, restart issue etc., hope all is well now,, :-P
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
eKamran

Therez no such Bluetooth issueswith Symbian belle units.

Restart ???

Well if the RAM is full even iPhone will restart :smileyhappy:

In Love with Nokia, Symbian & N8-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi,
Buy the memory card with class 4, 6, 10.
Minimum class 4 memory card is required for video camera to record 720p HD videos, because in HD video, data has to be written very fast to the memory card.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sivamaker

Did u get the solution for your question..  Pls reply me I am also having same doubt..?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

There are no issues with 701.
Update your phone to BelleFP1.
It might increase your phone speed up to 50 to 60% in my opinion.
Along with that you get dolby digital sound, 20 new widgets, upgraded processor speed of 1.3 GHz and much more. :smileyhappy:

Sent from my powerful 701.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

I agree with

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Pretty close to perfection, the 701 is.
Overall it is brilliant for most users.

3 things that disturb me,

No weekview in the calender.

A fix hopefully comes as the calender had it before on Belle.
Nokia internet radio widget causing trouble when playing.
No webdav client in the filemanager as before on anna devices. Most people dont know the functionalty so perhaps not an big issue overall.

The lack of autofocus is for some people an issue but the camera is really good for macro pictures and even better than a lot of phone cams when it comes to video recording. Really nice to do do video shooting :-).

Best device ever from Nokia I think considering the price.
Have never been so satisfied overall in a period of 20 years.

Snappy, stable and nice feeling of the touch screen too.
Price tag of euro 225 in some places in europe is best buy in history.

I have even droid friends that are amazed by it, and they are on much pricier devices.

I such a pity that this device isnt available for more people.

Go for it.

Btw, I use Transcend SDHC card class 6 and that is working just fine.

I dont recomend sandisk though, but that is personal experience.

I think you have good information about this subject from Srik in earlier answer.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
sudha_chn

HiI am using 701 for past one month, really good phone. My doubt is that when i checked nokia india site the specs says nokia 70 supports max of 64gb of memory card.Also checked with other nokia site the max capacity of memory card support is mentioned as 32gb. I want clarification for this. Does indian version of nokia 701alone supports max 64gb, what about others country version.When i checked with other forum using of higher class actually slow down the phone. It is better to classs use 4 or 6 for optimum performance. For 720 or 1080 video recording and playing class 4 or 6 msd card are good one.

Also wants know why all symbian touch phone are 640x360 res. And also have very big doubt for me is why nokia is not using ARMv7 processor for it symbian phones. There are several phone with ARMv7 pro samsung i8910 omnia HD and sony ericsson vivaz, satil series.

I thought symbian os will not support armv7 pro. When i googled couple of years before i found and waited. Nokia came out with lumia series phones using this type pro. Atleast single core ARMv7 1.2Ghz above will be good option for future symbian phone.I suggest nokia to come with symbian phone as same or equal spec of lumia 900.

I am fan of nokia and symbian. And also nokia should get rid of resistive touch phone also.

Thanks

Awaiting for reply
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

sudha_chn wrote:
HiI am using 701 for past one month, really good phone. My doubt is that when i checked nokia india site the specs says nokia 70 supports max of 64gb of memory card.Also checked with other nokia site the max capacity of memory card support is mentioned as 32gb. I want clarification for this. Does indian version of nokia 701alone supports max 64gb, what about others country version.

AFAIK 32GB is the largest card that can be formatted upon device, there is no problem utilising 64GB microSDXC providing formatted to FAT32 upon PC prior to use which does reduce capacity to about 59GB.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.