Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 701 stuck in Offline mode.

bhawarsaa

Nokia 701 stuck in Offline mode.

Hi,

Yesterday I put my phone on offline mode in office( which I do it normally due to office reasons & put it on online when I leave the shift) , however yesterday when I tried to turn it again in online mode, I received a message "insert Sim card" I got puzzled as the Sim card was already there in the phone. However I removed everything the battery, the sim card and the memory card and put it on again, however I was still receiving the same thing 'Insert Sim Card'. Since then I have tried the reset factory setting & Hard reset as well however I am still receiving the same message.
Then I did some R&D on the phone and eventually found out that the Network selection settings were on Manual rather being on Automatic, however there is no way that  I can change it as I receive a message stating 'the phone is in offline mode, hence the settings cannot be changed...
Please help me.... I am pretty frustrated!!!!!! 

Please use plain text.
musica

Re: Nokia 701 stuck in Offline mode.

Hi. Have you tried to insert other SIM card in your device to further isolate the issue? Also, have you tried inserting your SIM card to other device?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
bhawarsaa

Thanks for the response.. yes I have tried that. I have tried using my own SIM into the other it is working,
However even if I insert any other SIM I do receive the same message" Please insert SIM".

Now you know the problem is that phone starts in offline mode only..And when I try to tirn it off I receive the message " Please insert SIM" which is already there in it.
Ideally the moment I should insert the SIM in the phone, the phone should automatically should detect it, however it is not happening as the Network Selection is on 'Manual'  which rather should be on 'Automatic' and as I posted earlier that phone won't allow me to change it as the phone is in Offline mode... Obviously till the time SIM is not detected it would be in the same setting........

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Most probably a visit to Nokia Care is on the cards .. May be a SIM Reader problem ..

Only thing you may try before that is remove the Memory Card and switch the phone ON.. See if it prompts you to change the Profile .. 

Please use plain text.