Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 701

Registered Member
timeka

Nokia 701

Hi

I do not understand that in new phone I am not able to delete some aplications off. Like CNN, NetGeo, Orkut, E and so on...  Why these aplications must be on my phone. I will like to delete those because I don't need them at all. Is nokia personalizing nokia owners to some mould.

Please some help here how to delete these aplications 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If these are embedded within the Firmware, then will not be possible to un-install..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

I agree if you dont want something on your phone you should have the option to remove it.
A hard reset might remove some.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You can do that.
Go to settings-installations-already installed.
Long press on the item you want and remove.
Got 701 today. I love this phone.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

This is not true some apps are built in with the firmware

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
RajeshRPai

I'm also having the same problem.  I tried hard reset (using Camera button+Menu button+Volume Down button) and also tried to delete all the data from the Settings.  However it did not delete the apps like Orkut, Nat Geo, E, CNN etc..

I hate to see all these unused apps in my phone.

Nokia should provide an option to delete/uninstall these apps, even though they are a part of the firmware. If that is not possible, at least they should not be part of the firmware.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Adrocks

Hello, NAT GEO, csn be deleted and not rest. Nat deo is in the system mem. U can dp it by simply uninstalling it frm settings- installations- already installed-NAT GEO
long press and unistall.
Please use plain text.