Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 808 - HSPA menu gone on firmware 1507

Sage
peterh338

Nokia 808 - HSPA menu gone on firmware 1507

The Nokia HSPA suggested workaround here

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA140286_en_US

cannot be done, because the setting does not exist.

The menu structure

Settings > Connectivity > Admin. settings > Mobile data > High speed packet access

is missing the last item.

Under Mobile Data there are just two items:

Mobile data connection (when needed)

Access point (none)

Where has it gone?

Now, on my Nokia 700, I cannot find it either! That is v. 1506. This looks like a recent change.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: Nokia 808 - HSPA menu gone on firmware 1507

Still there on my 808 v1506.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Not present upon .1508

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Sage
peterh338

[ Edited ]

OK... I think I have found out some interesting things.

Firstly, the HSPA enable switch does not appear unless you are connected to a 3G network. I presume it means 3G or HSPA. It certainly does not appear when the phone is connected to GPRS only, or has no signal. It is REALLY WEIRD of Nokia to make config items thus dependent! What have they been smoking?

Secondly, even where I am located, with a strong HSPA signal, displayed on a Nokia 700 as "3.5G", the 808 shows "3G". I have just downloaded (from a known very fast server) a 24MB file in 60 secs, which is 400kbits/sec which is at the top end of UK 3G speeds. Another test from another known-fast server of a 24MB file took the same time. So while this is not conclusive, because a poor HSPA  connection could be running that slow, it looks like Nokia has disabled HSPA on the new batch of the 808...

BTW does anybody, when they login here to post, get a popup window which goes to a website called oyodomo.com, and a load of adverts around the while Nokia site?

That popup is clearly being triggered by the Nokia server. Doing a google finds a lot of hits commencing early Feb 2013 - exactly when my Firefox stopped working with this site. The only way I can post here is with IE8.

Please use plain text.