Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 808 Pureview- No downloading from Nokia Musi...

Sage
Samarth619
Accepted Solution

Nokia 808 Pureview- No downloading from Nokia Music.

[ Edited ]

Guys, I just got a Nokia 808 Pureview about 20 days back after a fantastic 2 years with my N8 (on Anna).

Initially, I was downloading music fine. But one day, I tried downloading music from PC. I logged on to ovi.music.com using my Nokia ID, and tried downloading few songs from the site on my Laptop....

It asked me to download a software called "Ovi Music Downloader". I downloaded & installed it. But songs did not get downloaded even then, on my PC....
Now, the problem is that when I try downloading it in my mobile, it just pretends to download, but the download never fills up ... in other words, no song is getting downloaded now.

Kindly help me to get my mobile Music downloads working again... What should I do now? :smileysad:

Additional Details: I just checked on my PC: I am not logged into Nokia Ovi Music site. Also, my subscription has 340 days remaining.

================================

==============================
My Story: Used 6670, Used N91, Used N8, Using Pureview 808 now. I requested Nokia to get N91's sound quality and features in the latest phones. No response from Nokia!
Sage
sabbyj

Re: Nokia 808 Pureview- No downloading from Nokia Music.

I've been having the same problem with my 808 ever since the Belle FP2 update, even after the so called "fix" to the Nokia music app. Haven't been able to download a song.

If I try, the song would show up in downloads history, but still not downloaded.

Can anyone give a solution?
Sincerely,
Sabbyj

Hit the kudos button if I was of any help to you. And don't forget to mark the solution if I get one.
Contributor
gaurav808

Hi, I am also having this problem on my 808..no music download on my mobile,showing in history and my account..but not able to continue downloading the songs..I am from India .

Sage
Samarth619

@ sabbyj and gaurav: Ok guys, it seems no one has any idea... So, its upto the 3 of us to solve it. Let me know some things from you:

1. Do you guys see a "Blue circle" with a number is the bottom right corner of the Nokia Music App?

I think it is the "songs pending" counter (the blue circle's number)... The songs that are pending in the list of downloads, that means they are not downloaded yet.

We know that the app doesn't download one song, if any OTHER song is pending? right?

The thing is that, I had about 35 songs... then I left the app open with internet on for a long time, and the list came down to 3 songs. But it is not reducing beyond 3 now even after keeping it on constantly.

2. Did you guys try downloading using your PC's browser recently (using music.ovi.com) ? Because, I also tried the same thing and after that only, the Nokia Music App in phone has stopped working.

Do reply back on what you think about these points... Also, tell me if you see the "Blue circle" and what number's inside it.

My Story: Used 6670, Used N91, Used N8, Using Pureview 808 now. I requested Nokia to get N91's sound quality and features in the latest phones. No response from Nokia!
Contributor
gaurav808

Hi samarth, The problem is still the same, Songs are pending for download, i have total 8 songs to download in blue circle. I have tried the following ways to get this thing working but couldn't:

1. Reset the phone factory setting

2. Login out and then login my nokia account

3. Clearing browser history

Now i am thinking to flash my device again with the same latest firmware which is i already have..

Also Now Nokia Suite is not allowing the download of copy protected music with unlimited subscription..

:smileysad:

Contributor
gaurav808

i have flashed my phone but nothing happend,same story...
i think we have to contact the nokia care.
Sage
Samarth619

@ Gaurav: Hi,

I think its clear, that this blue circle shows the number of pending songs... And unless those are cleared, new songs won't be downloaded as the system works (that is how it worked, songs get downloaded one by one only).

My problem started when I started downloading using my Laptop, and using the website (music.ovi.com). Did your problem start the same way too?

Also, the latest update is that I've contacted Nokia Care Support via email, and I suggest that you wait until we get a solution. I might get a solution which solves this problem of both of us.

Contributor
gaurav808

Actually i am able to download the songs from ovi music site through nokia music downloader application.

And the nokia music app on phone is still not getting updated even i had downloaded the same album from the pc/website/application.If i try to download new album,it just added to the existing list of songs and does nothing. 

I have 2 years of subcription for unlimited music download(combined the 1+1 year subscription of Lumia 800 and 808). and i dont want to waste it....

But as you know we are few of the 808 owners in india and symbian is already counting its days, update after belle fp2 is not expected from Nokia..

So please share the reply here from nokia care whenever you get it...

Sage
Samarth619

[ Edited ]

Hi Gaurav, Problem Solved! Problem Solved!! I got the solution. Read on... In your mobile:

1. Open Nokia Music and Go to your "Download History", and sort by "Date"only (it is default).

2. One by one from the top, click each song to open its window, and see if it is downloaded or not.

* If it is downloaded, it will show a "Play" Icon on the right side of the song... Ignore it, exit this song by clicking "Back" and move on to the next song...

* But, If it is not downloaded, it will show a "download arrow" icon... If it does show download icon, click on it to start the download, then "LONG PRESS/ HOLD AND PRESS" the same icon, till it shows you "Cancel Download? ".... Click "Yes" to cancel the download...

3. Now move on to the next song in the List of "Download History", and do the same. If it downloaded, leave it.

But, if it is not downloaded, click on download icon and when download starts, long press on the same icon to stop download. Same thing.

4. After doing this on 5-6 songs, exit Nokia Music and restart it... You should see smaller numbers now in the Blue box.

5. When this "blue circle" number reaches 1, keep on searching and you will find a DOWNLOAD STUCK file... This file's download will be stuck... It should show half downloaded, but it won't download further...

Stop this download by long pressing the download/ play icon.... That's it.

Problem solved. Now you can download any song, even the same song which was stuck. Today, I just downloaded the entire Christmas Album which had a song which stuck, and few more other songs. :smileyhappy:

If you don't understand anything, then I'll add screenshots too.

NOTE: My problem maybe solved, but its sad that Nokia ignored such problems even on complaining to them. Yes, 5-6 days ago, I sent a mail to customer care, and I didn't get a reply as yet. Just because we got a dying platform doesn't mean that it is bad and will not be supported.

Contributor
gaurav808

Hi...samarth!!!

Thanks a lot man!! Got the nokia music downloading the songs....

But i want to ask how to remove the pending downloads from the blue circle since i have already downloaded the album from nokia pc downloader app? there is no stuck download in my history. yet other albums are now getting download.

But your solution worked!! thanks again :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Sage
Samarth619

@ Gaurav: You're welcome buddy... Its nice to know that your problem is solved too. :smileyhappy:

As of now, I'm not seeing any pending downloads in my Nokia Music App. The box has disappeared but it appears showing "1" only when a song download is in progress, and then after download, it disappears again.

If you have downloaded a song from PC, and don't want it to be downloaded to Mobile, just open the album's page and cancel downloading of the songs one by one. You will have to search for the exact album though.