Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 808 USA weather widget stuck in Celsius

Counsellor
kev187
Accepted Solution

Nokia 808 USA weather widget stuck in Celsius

I have my map suite 2.0 weather app set to Farenheight.  But no matter what my weather widget is stuck in Celsius?

I have quit the widget, added it back to my desktop, rebooted, no matter what I only get my forcast in Celsius.

On my E7 I was using the betalabs widget and it works fine, I was wondering if I should intall the beta labs widget on my 808 and see if it fixes things?  or am i asking for trouble?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Nokia 808 USA weather widget stuck in Celsius

Hey Kev187, Thank you for your query!

Have you tried to open the weather application and opened the options menu on the bottom far right hand side, you will find the option called units and from there you are able to customise the units by which the weather information is shown.

Let me know how it goes!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

kev187 wrote:

On my E7 I was using the betalabs widget and it works fine, I was wondering if I should intall the beta labs widget on my 808 and see if it fixes things?  or am i asking for trouble?

According to the Beta labs, the beta widget will install over the top of the pre-installed widget. If things don't work out you can un-install the Beta version and the original will still be intact and working.

My best suggestion is for you to try the Beta version which won't do any damage.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev187

yes i have set the units in the weather app to farenheight, but the widget is stuck in celsius. when i click the widget it opens the app, and the app gives me farenheight. i may install the beta labs widget to see if it fixes things?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev187

After downloading the beta apps versions, intsall, reboot, problem solved. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CameronS

...and your problem is? This is probably by design, to show that there is a whole world of metric beyond the US shores... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kev187

I am all for the metric system.... being prior military, its all we used.. for everything but the weather ;-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Here in the UK we tend to use the metric system in the winter and imperial in the summer. So, -10 Celsius sounds a lot colder than +14 Fahreneit in the winter. Similarly, 80 Fahreneit sounds a lot hotter than 26.6 Celsius. 

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
geeknc

Does not work for me.
Please use plain text.