Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 808 fails to record video to mass storag...

ttfn

Nokia 808 fails to record video to mass storage

Hi yesterday I was videoing a long event and at the end the time flashed and then the videoing stoped after about 26mins.  I then restarted videoing the next song and ran out of mass storage memory after about 2 mins.  I quickly deleted some old photo/vid and continued videoing.

Later that evening I checked the video and non was in the gallary.  I check via the PC etc.  I also tried a photo recovery app for mass storage solid state disks.  All came up blank.  I tried to record more video it would show immediately in the video players gallery view but not in the normal gallery and when I tried to play it would only show the last frame and have an error message "unable to play".  It still allows the recording of photos.

I have now changed the storage to the SD card and it is fine on the SD.  I have change to record to the mass storage area but it will still only do photos. 

Any ideas and is there a way to format the mass storage drive on the pureview.

Peter

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
seki2012

Re: Nokia 808 fails to record video to mass storage

why not connect via Nokia Suite and at least backup your current data?
Then I would begin deleting via the PC those items in the Mass memory / DCIM folder.. rather than formatting. It will be much more selective.
Please use plain text.
ttfn

Hi, I have back up to the PC all the vids and photos previously recorded and will delete all the items to try and get the mass storage working for recording videos again.  Just wondering if there was a way to format so the whoel mass storage is clean.

peter

Please use plain text.
Advisor
V_ad_im

[ Edited ]

Hello, I has some troubles with record video.. I think it is firmware bug.
In some cases, after delete of folders private\10281e17 from discs Е and F, it was possible to record video, but for now it is not help.. Technical support has write me, thay will think about fixing this problem

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
drjamit

I can not delete PRIVATE folder from Nokia 808 ---- says can not be done because of security reasons. I suppose u have to be Rooted(modded) for this. I deleted DCIM folder from Mass storage--- No help. Uninstalled Camera QT pro which i bought and installed yesterday--- No help. Now what to Do. 1080p recording stutters on card and than i have to compromise with 720p. What the hell  is this New Nokia Bug ?????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

why did you want to delete the Private folder? you are aware that the Private folder does contain core apps / system files that are necessary for the phone to run.

In your case, i would check via Nokia Suite on your Pc if there are any firmware updates and update if offered. if there isn't any, re-install your current firmware to restore correct behaviour and use of your phone's memory.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.