Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 808 focus issues

Contributor
mulleady

Nokia 808 focus issues

Hi,

I have a new 808 that I bought recently from Amazon UK.

I can focus on objects at distance but when I try to focus at anything close to me the image is blurred and the indicator square remains red. I've tried the shutter half pressed and using the touch option without success. Yes the sitckers have been removed off the phone, I'm not that bad! Has anyone else had this issue as it is very frustrating and I will have to return to Amazon if I can't solve it?

Professor
Ngwangwa

Re: Nokia 808 focus issues

Hi mulleady,

Have you tried using close up mode and try to focus at things close to you and remember when using close up mode, the object should be at a distance between 15 - infinity if I am not wrong about the focus distance.

If there is no difference then try to slowly move away from the object as you keep on focusing till it will turn green and remember you can also use to zoom functionality of the Nokia 808 Pureview to bring the object as close as possible.

I Hope that it will help you.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Contributor
Dobster77

I was having the same problem but using the zoom function helps to get the focus.

Have a read of this guide, it gives a good step by step how to get the best macro shots 

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/15394_How_to_Shoot_bokeh_on_the_Noki.php

Contributor
mulleady

Thanks for advice and I will try more. However I feel it should not be so difficult. My Samsung mote 8MP camera may not have the 808's sensor but it focuses way quicker and easier to get close-ups of things such as print etc.

Contributor
mulleady

The focus issue is not just happening on macro shots. Tried to take night shots in my street yesterday and the camera would simply not focus under various settings or automatic. A shame the phone will have to go back.