Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia 808- how to turn off shutter sound

Contributor
flee
Accepted Solution

Nokia 808- how to turn off shutter sound

Hi How do I off shutter sound on my 808?

Sage
JackS

Hi,
go to camera, open up camera settings (those where you can select camera resolution and other settings - creative mode) -> scroll down and select "settings" and there you can find "camera sounds"

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Jaak
Sage
Fresh_Breeze

On phones sold on selected markets, like in Asia, there is no possibility to turn off camrea sounds without hacking the phone, which in turn will void the warranty. On other markets, sounds can be turned off from camera settings and/or from profiles (alert sound).

Contributor
flee

[ Edited ]

why the difference in asia

Is there any other way to silence shutter sound

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@Flee

Hi Flee,

Certain countries have by law that the camera shutter noise be present and no way to mute.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Employee
Craig_Mitchell

You know what, I have to ask this myself why the difference in Asia. I checked on a device with the configuration for India and the ability to disable camera sound is not there, compared to my Finnish version. I will check this, though I am not saying I will find the answer, but I can always try :smileyhappy:

Employee
Craig_Mitchell

[ Edited ]

ok, looks like Raoul_Duke knew the answer..

Contributor
flee

I bought my 808 in Singapore, a country where other brands of smartphones come with an option to turn off the shutter sound eg HTC Desire S or an option to turn off the shutter sound when phone is in silent mode eg Samsung Galaxy S2. I was disappointed upon purchase of 808 to find that no such option existed.

I would like to request Nokia to consider releasing a software update that allows users to turn off the shutter sound either as a setting or when phone is in silent mode. This was what Sony Ericsson did for its K700i model many years ago.There is a need to consider the varied needs of users eg the need not to awaken the baby when getting a shot. I wonder if this post is sufficient to convey my request to Nokia or should I make my request known to Nokia in another way that you can suggest?

Thank you.

FSystem

I can't understand why nokia do this?
Counsellor
smeggypants

I would NEVER buy a device containing a camera, where you can't turn off the shutter sound. 

Contributor
bigd808

Craig, odd problem..I have a 808 pureview and i did not have shutter sound until i updated to FP2..I am not in Asia but i just bought a phone that i believe is from there. How do i get rid of this or get options too, should i return the phone and get a Finnish version? I work on a film set in Hollywood and need to take silent pics on the set.. I will glady pay anything to just fix this issue.  Help please!

Thnx,

D

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bigd808

Unfortunately your 808PV has reverted to firmware dictated by it's seven character alphanumeric product code found by keying in *#0000# upon dialler. If you want to post this I could confirm as to what market it was originally marketed, but Nokia Care facilities have no authority other than to offer latest firmare dictated by this code.

As this is a manufacturer's sponsored forum application of "mute camera.sis" can't be advocated.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
smeggypants

I think the only thing to do is to sell your current 808 and buy one from Europe/US where no such silly law exists
Advisor
808PureViewUser

Hi

The "voyeur" photography is the issue. There are some international and local, or "federal" laws that - i am sure of it - have created pressure towards mobile manufacturers to provide a loud enough sound thru the mobile speaker when the mobile is starting a video or taking a photo.

However, I am sure there is a bunch of HD cameras/videocameras the size of 808 even with much bigger lense diameter that you could easily use for your purpose. I suppose you are not talking to the phone while taking photos, so why not get another device with no sound while photographing/filming?

Cheers!

N808PVU

Contributor
bigd808

aspereger-- Product code is 059M9M4

Contributor
bigd808

@Craig Mitchell, my product code is  059m9m4 apparently Vietnam and i am in United States, I need my phone to have silenced shutter sound because i work on a movie set in LA and need to take pics while scenes are going on. My phone was fine AND silent until my maps wasnt working and i had to update to FP2. It is not illegal here to have shutter silenced. So is it possible to get the firmware that adds this feature? If not where should i order my phone from to get this? (meaning what region should i make sure it is from?)

Thanks,

D

anyone else is welcome to comment also

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bigd808

Although we have to work within the constraints of this manufacturer's sponsored forum it is a shame that the only advice that you can be given here is to sell your existing 808, as it would already be out of warranty unless it was returned for service in Vietnam where originally sold.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Contributor
bigd808

Thank you, Would you or anyone else here know how i could assure myself i would be getting a phone from a country or region that does have ALL features included? Is there a certain website i could go to?

Counsellor
zlebronjames

[ Edited ]

The answer is use 3rd party method that everyone knows. Hack it. Its there before 808 is even release.There is no offical ways. You can also download from apps store there is one famous apps that doesn't have sound when taking photo or video.

Advisor
dopple916

This is strange because mine is a Hong Kong variant and I can turn off the shutter sound.

When in camera mode press settings ( top middle), choose creative mode then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will find Preferences, select it and second  down on the new screen  is Camera sounds, turn on/off as you wish.