Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 9300 & 3 Sim Card

Contributor

Nokia 9300 & 3 Sim Card

Hi All,
I have just bought a Nokia 9300 and would like a bit of help plse! My friend said that my '3' sim card would work in it as it is unlocked to any network. It says sim card rejected. Is there any way around this for it to work?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
nj7_

Re: Nokia 9300 & 3 Sim Card

If is an unlock device,should work. Check also if the SIM is an old version... Trade that SIM with a new one from the operator.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

17-Jul-200707:30 PM
nj7_ wrote:
If is an unlock device,should work. Check also if the SIM is an old version... Trade that SIM with a new one from the operator.

Just spoke to '3' who advised if they sent out a new sim this would not make any difference? Any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
Professor
bigguy

The 9300 is not a 3G phone. You will need a standard GSM sim card for this phone and to the best of my knowledge 3 do not offer these. Although I could be corrected.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, thanks I think your right, 3 customer services mentioned something about that, thanks for your help!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I don't know how true that is,  my 3g phone died a while back and I used my old nokia (which is not a 3g phone) and the 3g sim card worked fine in it.
Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi, exactly, a 3G SIM will work perfectly in a dual GSM 2G phone, you can even connect to GPRS.
Please use plain text.