Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 9300i + Open Cover Message

Advisor

Nokia 9300i + Open Cover Message

My 9300i often displays a message "Please open Cover".
When I open the cover the standard desktop appears. I am not given any further message.

What causes this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

its possible there is a fault with the phone, the loom between the phone screen and keyboard isnt that strong - if has taken a bash then it could be causing this error. maybe speak to an engineer?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Can't wait to get rid of my Nokia 9300i.
It is the worst phone I have ever had.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

wow, you really must dislike it to post this twice...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

You're right I hate this phone.

I also hate Nokia's lack of support.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

how did they not support you?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

In South Africa I have 2 choices. Telephone (via an expensive mobile telephone number) or go into a service centre. I tried both and neither offered satisfactory service. I once even stop worked to take my phone to the support centre when the message appeared and all they said was "Ok. Never seen this before. Sorry can't help" Nokia does not offer e-mail support, only this forum. I tried getting support from nokia in the UK. Their standard reply is that I do not live in the UK so they can't help. I cannot join the Nokia Club because it is not avialable to South Africans! And finally, Nokia does not interface with Mozilla software. My mobile phone is an integral part of my business. I need support when things go wrong.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

on mozilla, i cannot help. if this is integral to your business you might want to consider moving to lotus or outlook as these are supported.

with the message, does it affect the operation of the phone, or does it just annoy you? you may have an application running in the background that is causing this message to pop up. did it start suddenly?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Where are we going with this?
Who are you?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

sigh

i think a lot of people are getting upset on here today...

who i am is this - some one who took the time to come on here and try to help you out with this. were are we going? well, if the phone works fine with this message then it isnt that important.

quite often, people install applications to their phone or get applications pre installed for them from the retailer. when i got my 9300i i didnt install anything, but the retailer had - there were loads of london underground maps and a hotspot locator. one of my colleagues also got this phone also had the same applications as weill as some demos he had installed himself - the reminder kept asking him to open the cover... albeit he got a little message asking him to register and pay for it.

so, maybe you have the same thing? there is no need to get aggressive about it...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks.

I am using the phone as I received it. no software has been loaded - unless PC Suite installs software without my knowledge.

there is no need to get aggressive about it... I bought an expensive phone and expect it to work. As simple as that. Nokia don't want to help so I am going to sell it to who-ever wants to buy it and go to another vendor.

Maybe Nokia will start offering reliable hardware and support.

Thanks but I am closing this topic.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

ok, i looked at the SA page, and cant see a support number. i also guess you looked at this for engineers: http://www.nokiamea.com/english/support/service_centers/display.aspx?cid=99#r86

pc suite will install stuff to the phone when you first connect it in order to view sms messages. i never remember seeing a message on the pc saying this but you see it get installed on the phone.

on a final note, nokia do provide support - a lot of it. just not in your area.
Please use plain text.