Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 95 8gb, questions for the brain boxes

Counsellor

Nokia 95 8gb, questions for the brain boxes

Just received my new Nokia today, seems like a great phone but got a few questions.

I have got the spiderman 3 film with it already but is there anywhere where i can get cheap or free films from online?

Similar to the last question, can you get free/cheap music off the internet and transfer it too your phone?

I noticed that the phone searches for WLAN, I know there are some spots in the city where you can connect to these wirless networks for free. Could I connect my phone to these networks without vodafone charging me?

Thanks a million
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

18-Mar-2008 07:51 PM
bill1980 wrote:
I noticed that the phone searches for WLAN, I know there are some spots in the city where you can connect to these wirless networks for free. Could I connect my phone to these networks without vodafone charging me?

Yes you could.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nowhere offers a a movie download service for nokia phones yet. It's a big gap in the market that i'm surprised hasn't been filled yet.

Many sites offer cheap music now, you have one of these services in your phones music menu, the nokia music store. You can find slightly cheaper services by searching google. If you are a voda customer check this out: www.vodafonemusic.co.uk/products/musicstation.cfm

A free wireless hotspot is exactly that, free. If you try to connect to a paid for hotspot like those run by the cloud you will be asked to log in and pay. It can never take money from you without your knowledge or direct from your phone bill.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Most movies or videos will NOT play directly into your device. You need to convert them in order to play.

There are some very few exceptions.

To learn more about video and Nseries devices. You can try the Product Support pages here or the Nseries.com
or my blog here:

Use the Barcode reader to scan this link. Or see my signature

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

think that explains why I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to save a back up copy of the movie to my lap top!!!!

just cant work it out
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sas67

coreplayer will play .avis files without converting,but is tad glitchy..try googling others and converters,plenty around
N91
N95-1
RM-159
8Gb microSd card
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Spiderman or other DRM protected content in your device won't play on your laptop.

El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.

about the n95 8b, can u go on aim? can anyone respond to that
Please use plain text.
Sage
lauren2008

Easy peezey! Download the content you want from places like limewire etc, then get the Nokia Video Manager program from the nokia site. Open it, search for files and then transfer the films you've downloaded!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the easiest way imo:

- DVDx
DVD ripping and encoding

-Dr Divx
transcode Videos for Smartphone use

- mobile DivX Player
to watch the videos on the phone

6110-->8210-->6510-->6230-->6288-->N95-->N97-->E7
Please use plain text.
Sage
lauren2008

or you could use the proper way to do it which is the nokia viedo manager.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Nokia Video Manager is slow, sluggish and if your video is longer than 35 minutes you may run into problems like the video stopping and only the audio continuing.

So be aware!

El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Sage
lauren2008

[ Edited ]
FYI

I have used the Nokia Video Manager with my N95, N95 8gb and my E71. I have put full length movies on there with no problem. The only thing bad I could say about it is it taes a while to transfer them accross, but that just gives me an excuse for a cup of tea and a bickie, lol :smileywink:

Message Edited by lauren2008 on 03-Sep-2008 11:25 AM

Message Edited by lauren2008 on 03-Sep-2008 11:25 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

well, I don't want to spend one hour for one watchable movie....

That's why I use MediaCoder to transcode the video files and a little adapter to move them directly to my SD card.

This gives me the advantage to encode four videos (MediaCoder allowes numerous instances, so I take one for each CPU) at a time.
This way I get four videos transcoded and moved in less than half an hour.

6110-->8210-->6510-->6230-->6288-->N95-->N97-->E7
Please use plain text.