Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Account - Locked out?

Professor

Nokia Account - Locked out?

[ Edited ]

I have used it many times before but I am now unable to use the Nokia Store.

It asks for my password, which when I enter it, reports it is incorrect.

I am 100% sure it is correct.

I have selected the 'Forgotten Password' option and it asks for my email.

It then reports that my email address is invalid.

I am 100% sure this is correct as well.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Thanks

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@tangerine

Have you thought about trying latest version of Nokia Store QML Client from Nokia Beta Labs as have to re-input credentials?http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/store-qml-client

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor

@ aspergerguy

No I hadn't tried that - but I will now, Thanks.

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Professor

@ aspergerguy

Unfortunately no better off but I have now got the latest store client anyway.

It still will not let me sign in and use the store even though I have been using it for what seems like years!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi tangerine,

We're sorry to hear about your problem. Have you tried signing in on Nokia Store website to check if the problem occurs only on the device? Also, try to sign in using your username instead of email, just to see if it makes a difference. If you still cannot log in, we would advise you to contact Nokia Care and ask them to check the account status for you. 

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Professor

@ Puigchild

Thank you for your response.

I have tried on my PC using the link you have provided and I get exactly the same response.

As you suggested, I have sent a message to Nokia Care.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

[ Edited ]

Make sure Caps lock isn't on or that any letter I isn't a 1 or a S isn't a 5, another thing to check is whether you've capitalised the first letter of the password/username/email address or not, many sites do captialise the first letter automatically when logging in & unless you notice it & correct it it'll say the pw/username/email address is invalid.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Professor

@Doctor9fan

Thanks for your suggestions but I had checked that already.

Please use plain text.