Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle + Skype

Registered Member
escobar2012

skype on nokia n8 with belle works only with the defaut theme "NOKIA EVOLVE" i hope that such a bug will be resolved, as the other problem of google maps wich works only whene the wifi is on.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Lolopd

I've tried everything to get SKYPE working on my N8 with belle.........ZERO success.

I tried searching on the OVI store.....downloaded.....installed, byt then when I try to create an account it just switches itself off and I end up back on my phone menu page.

So I uninstalled this (thinking it may have a software clitch) and tried downloading from 4 or 5 different sites. either they just didn't work or had the same never ending 'loop' switching off and back to the menu page.

Thried the link in reply #8.......said  'not available in your country or your phone model' message.

can ANYBODY please give me a link to a download that DEFINITELY works......beofre I throw this phone in the bin and I go and buy an iphone! It's driving me NUTS. how hard can it be?????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

escobar2012 wrote:
skype on nokia n8 with belle works only with the defaut theme "NOKIA EVOLVE" i hope that such a bug will be resolved, as the other problem of google maps wich works only whene the wifi is on.

I can't confirm this. I have the "metro minimal by NovaG" theme and Skype works on my N8-00 Belle. I've downloaded Skype from Nokia Store and it works like it did before the update.

Maybe the Bug has something to do with the operator? I know that some operators are against Skye etc. because it uses more ressources than normal phone calls and it is cheaper if you have a internet package for your mobile. So maybe the operator blocks Skype?! A statement from Nokia would be great ...

Please use plain text.
tenision

when will coming skype for nokia 500 thats why we are the nokia 500 users are waiting for this application
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Is strange to have Skype for Belle on  603,700,701 but not on 500. Why ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Lolopd

I've tried everything to get SKYPE working on my N8 with belle.........ZERO success.

I tried searching on the OVI store.....downloaded.....installed, but then when I try to create an account it just switches itself off and I end up back on my phone menu page.

So I uninstalled this (thinking it may have a software clitch) and tried downloading from 4 or 5 different sites. either they just didn't work or had the same never ending 'loop' switching off and back to the menu page.

Tried the link in reply #8.......said  'not available in your country or your phone model' message.

can ANYBODY please give me a link to a download that DEFINITELY works......beofre I throw this phone in the bin and I go and buy an iphone! It's driving me NUTS. How hard can it be?????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Walil

There is simple solution, just follow these steps:
1. Go to store.ovi.com on PC
2. Select "Nokia 603"as your device & log in
into your OVI accont. (Because Nokia 603 runs
on Belle and official skype is available for
download for nokia 603 in the ovi store.) 3. Type Skype in search field.
4. Skype will be shown in the list of
applications.
5. Download Skype via PC, Ovi suite must be
installed on your PC to download and install
Skype on your belle device.
I have myself installed SKYPE onn X7(belle)
today. It worked
100%. Hope it will help you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitch8951

For me, Belle was a downgrade, the feedback/customer care was of a standard not in keeping with Nokia practices. Probably explains why Nokia is no longer the leading brand!

I contacted Skype when I lost it on my X7, they tell me it will be some time before Nokia have the technology in place.

I am currently looking for an affordable replacement having just started my new contract with my provider.

Very disappointed in current Nokia technology and customer services 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitch8951

My advice is dont, once you "upgrade" it seems that Nokia do not have the technology to roll back Belle. If I had known I would loose Skype, I most certainly would not have hit the "proceed" button when offered Belle

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitch8951

Realy, it should be Nokia to make the technology to allow Skype to work on their phones. I am currently having to leave my X7 in the drawer and have bought an HTC untill Nokia get it right!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mitch8951

I do not think the problem is the N7 as much as Belle, it seems to have "killed" Skype on many models. Perhaps Nokia have fallen out with Skype

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zabee_pakistan

you are right, no one can measure this pain as i also have been through this. But after spending uncountable hours and checking more than 14 skype setups & several methods, i found something which do not support video call but its ok with audio calls. Its 100% working on n8-00.

You may click one of the following links to download Skype v2.1.23:

http://store.ovi.com/content/20924

or

http://www.s60point.com/skype-v2123-symbian-s60v5-s3-nokia-mobiles-latest-application

or

you may also google for this version.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
princec

I'm a new member. I can't make vedio calls via skype in my e 7-00,bt I can make normal calls. What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
princec

symbion means nothing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

princec wrote:
I'm a new member. I can't make vedio calls via skype in my e 7-00,bt I can make normal calls. What should I do?

Go to the Skype website and join the others asking for video call support for Symbian.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
princec

thanks for the great help....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
princec

but there is no any help that is the problem. I think Nokia lose the conection with skype. That is the problem.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

There never was any connection between Skype and Nokia. They always have been and still are two completely separate companies. It is up to Skype to develop video call functionality for the Symbian version of their product. The more pressure you and others like you put on Skype, the better chance for this to happen. Nokia has nothing to do with it and there is absolutely no point in complaining here about it, especially since this is a user-to-user forum.

Please use plain text.