Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia Belle Widgets

Sage
torchaj

Nokia Belle Widgets

Ok as of now I was checking out the widgets in nokia belle, and I realised that the big analouge clock was missing or atleast in my mobile..!!
Is it only for me or all C6-01 or for all the Nokia Belle OS..???

Please help me as I love the big analogue clock widget...!!! 

Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Please use plain text.
Employee
4Cu2

There should be both digital and analogue widget available in the Belle SW.

Can you give the product code of your C6-01, I'll run a quick test to verify this with similar SW configuration.

I'm working at Nokia, but all my posts represent my own views and these should not be mixed up with Official NOKIA statements.
Please use plain text.
Sage
torchaj

My product code is 059C1C2
I am missing the Big Analogue Clock Widget, but I have the small analogue and digital clock widget..!!!
Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Please use plain text.
grafx1

i also have C6-01 and no weather widget or big analogue clock, bluetooth toggle....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sifer88

mine too.. my c6-01 just update to belle but big analogue clock missing only digital and small analogue clock on my widget

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BIKK

Yes, the big clock widget/small music widgets are missing...hope Nokia will be releasing these on a later date...

I tried to connect to store to check if any of these are available but always got an error message 'Page Unavailable'.

Not sure if this is due to my operator/GPRS connection...

Navigation: Home > Add widgets > store (3 rd icon) 

Has anyone been able to connect? What do we get there? 

C6-01 RM-718 Belle 111.030.0609 

Please use plain text.
grafx1

yes the widget store don't open: page unavailable

are they preparing something ?? i hope so.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramasivan

Oh way, not only big clock missing. Mechanical clock, notification, big calendar also missing. Also the animated rotation between portrait and landscape also missing. I don't like the official release. The leaked version was better. Probably they removed the animation to speed up the software but why also the gadgets?

Please use plain text.

PLEASE GET 1 FOR C2 03 PLZ MAY OUR PROBLEM COULD BE RESOLVED

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sheepishsatsuma

i have a c7 and have recently updated to belle and i am also missing alot of widgets that i have seen on demo videos etc heres the list of what i havnt got:

big analogue clock

all the different toggles

different sized music widgets

weather widgets

rssfeedwidget for bbc news

gallery widget

where the hell are our 5 different sized widgets that were promised

Please use plain text.
demko1979

Unable to connect also...
I'll wait some time for the widgets, because this Belle is terrible! What for are there 6 screens now? Because for placing (i'm using) two email widgets = 1 whole screen ! Time (now it takes 1and half bar and date is bad visible) plus music player now takes 3bar=half of the screen /same as email/ + contact bar and TWO screens are full !!!!! (nearly, because time now took 1 and half bar you have free space left - half of the bar, which you cannot use, you can't fit there anything (although you find such small widget = 'profile' but it only looks so tiny, as you want to move it it shows an unused place highlighted around much bigger than the widget is (looks like for half o of the bar but is high as whole bar, and yes its smaller than whole bar its wide only half of the bar, hmm Did I mentioned that in anna profile was included in one bar with time and date?!!!!

ALL of this I had on Anna in ONE screen + one bar still free (i used it for TV guide) So probably that's why we get 6 sreens, because it looks you got more, but you place still only the same stuff as on Anna on 3 comfortable easy to use screens, now you have to search in 6 screen for the same stuf!!!
So i hope only servers are overloaded, because there is no reason for nokia not to be prepared with the widgets.
My First sight at email widget made me smile : it's bigger, I hold down finger on it and it chnged for editing a red croos button appeared in right top corner to close the widget and an option button down left corner, and my smile was even greater: hey a button to setup the widget, probably size and how much preferences you want to have in email widget /so how many emails fit to widget 5? 6:confused:for speedy view it's absolutely enough!/ because now it includes: -From who, email title,time, and you see if it includes any documents AND a big white useles space around it !!!) So really disappointed with that, with anna You get the same in one bar, well You don't see time and if it includes some documents, but what for? Widget is for speedy info, as if you want more info You'll click on it and work with it!
What's for such big time widget taking 1 and half bar, if it even doesn't use available space, and included quite bad visible date and still doesn't show remaining time to alarm.
So my first feel is very bad... going to wait few weeks, maybe months with hope...
If nothing comes (hope its able to run Anna again -maybe SPB shell?)
WORK ON IT NOKIA
who has not changed to belle yet, DON'T do it now, wait.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mahmoudnasr

[ Edited ]

just don't get it ... why Nokia can't get any thing perfect the first time... every body thought that its gonna be unbelievable release - considering the delay ,of-course- and here now missing widgets,an the existing one u cant adjust its size-big ugly widgets.

what is the problem if u give us both to choose the suitable size?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BIKK

Well, I feel lucky enough that we at least got Belle ***on time*** :smileyvery-happy:

I can live with jumbo widgets that cover half the screen (the music widget does!!!) of C6-01's smaller screen...

But would definitely like to have the option to have smaller ones...

I read somewhere that Nokia WILL releasing widgets in different sizes (not resizable, mind it!!)...

Belle feels good; thought it would be slower in C6-01 due to system limitations...but is working fine...

Please use plain text.
kuldeepcooldeep

Even my n8 belle is missing big analog clock.
please provide solution for this

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Daban

samething on my N8 no big analog clock no weather widget and God knows howmany othere widgets i miss , is this every one?

the widget store working now, but none of this widget there!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
darkoohrid

hello there guys can some one send me link where can i look for widgets thx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonttu

I would also like to see those smaller widgets on email and music player. And maybe bigger clock and calendar widget. My wife's Nokia 700 has a "my location" widget which I can't find on my updated C7.

But mosty what I miss from Anna, is option to put widgets Online/offline from homescreens menu. After updating and customization I noticed that eithet mobile data or wifi was allways on. Settings were "when needed", but connection was still on even when 'I' didn't need it. After some searching I pinpointed the reason to accuweather widget which, for some reason, needs constant connection. And, ofcourse, is not adjustable.

I could set the mobile data and wifi off from pulldown menu, but I would have to put them manually on again when I really need connection. And remember to turn them off when I don't. But that's just silly and annoying because most of the time I forget to do both. So I got riddoff accu's widget and went for shortcut instead. Obviously not the best solution.

So IMO that is a very big leap backwards from Anna, where I could manually control widgets online/offline status where as in Belle I can only control ALL traffic at once.

To have something called progress in this matter would have been option to automate widgets connection. Just like you can make email accounts to check for new mails, say in every 30min, from 8-16.00 on workdays. If I could set widgets to online for couple of minutes in every hour or so, it would be super!

So, resizable widgets, some more of them and automated connections for them and this update would be close to fivestar operating system.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BIKK

Hello tonttu,

Can you please check if you keep the mobile data on and actually have not much of data consuming apps running, how much is the data usage for 1-2 hours? I believe if you are using the default widgets and keep the connection always on also, it does not pull lot of data...

Obviously sometimes the mobile data toggle is handy...
Does the mail app turns the data connection on automatically and turn it off after sync?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonttu

I like to keep my connections (mobile data and wifi) allways on. They are on stand by when I don't use any apps that require data connection.
So, when I start, let's say browser, it connects to my wlan or mobile data for use and disconnects when I exit app. That means apps wont pull data when not active.
I've put accuweather widget on my homescreen now to monitor datapull and will post back after couple of hours. (I hope I remember to do so :smileyhappy:

My experience is, that email app starts and stops connection automarically after sync. I had an automated sync for every 60min on workdays from 8 am to 4 pm and it worked fine. Email app also started sync every time I entered the homescreen where email widget exists.

Also, I installed battery monitor and will post on the difference on battery consuming whether wifi is connected or not.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonttu

Forgot to mention that when you exit email app, you should do so from the menu and exit rather that just via "back" arrow. Since that "back" action leaves email app running in the background and it keeps connection active.
Please use plain text.