Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle Widgets

Advisor
BIKK

Thanks tonttu for the reply! This helps =)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BIKK

Hey Guys!

The store for widgets is opening!!!!

Home screen - Add new widget - store (3rd icon)

the ones I am (defaults in smaller size) waiting for are not available though =/

Click on the star if you want to thank me =)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BIKK

Useless **bleep**!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
BIKK

I wrote C R A P and it turned into **bleep**!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonttu

Okay. Monitored the wifi connection data pull while only active app was accuweather widget. Downloaded data was only about 500k per hour. Which is practically nothing. Ofcourse other apps may download a whole lot of more data.

Test period was short, so I can't give any conclusive estimate about batteryconsumbtion. Nokia battery monitor dropped estimated averige using time about ten hours, but removing accuweather widget and thus deactivating wifi connection didn't raise it back.

I like to keep the connection on standby just to be on the safe side. That's because I use my phone outside alot and some apps I use are real battery hoarders (i.e. sportstracker and music player at the same time! )

Hope this information helps you.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
meegja

When I first got my C6-01 the widgets were great. Especially the functionality was good.

When Anna came that was reduced somewhat. But all in all still not to bad.

Now with Belle it seems that the widgets are reduced big time in functionality :smileysad: Maybe to create some more space for the useless Micro$oft c r a p? :smileywink:

And the online widget store is just 1 big joke. There is just nothing there that is worth adding, it's just an extension of the ovi store.

For me I can not imagine that (for example) they made the calender widget a 1 line calendar with just 1 time in view. The whole function of that widget down the drain. It has to be a bug because no one in their right mind could make it that way.

Please use plain text.
zaus

Some of the promised features are there with a lot of them missing..!!!
May be another update is in store, coz this sucks..!!!
Its lovely running Nokia Belle on C7-00
Please use plain text.
ronin33dan

Nokia Belle it's useless....i hate this C R A P belle !!!
Many apps gest gone...including my original Kaspersky changet with F secure ,another uselless soft.....This is my last nokia..finish...go to Android...motorola or anything alse.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
The_Sphinx

I have been a loyal Nokia user since 2003. Got this N8 in 2011 and updated to belle refresh when it was launched. It happened when I had to format my phone for a low memory on C: drive of my phone. The BIG ANALOG CLOCK WIDGET has dissappeares from the Ovi updates. I have reinstalled the firmware thrice before this and the big analog clock widget was always available. This time a lot of widgets are missing from the Ovi updates, lots of other widgets are also missing but I only miss the big analog clock. Don't know how to get it back as I don't want to hack my phone for it. Hope somebody has found the solution to this post or the widget is published as a separate installation. Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@The_Sphinx please call *#0000# and check whether you have Nokia Belle Refresh. If you have only Nokia Belle, we need your Nokia Product Code. Furthermore, in that case, does this help already?

Please use plain text.