Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Belle update tv out problem on N8-00

Youri2701

Nokia Belle update tv out problem on N8-00

[ Edited ]

TV-out is not working on my N8-00.. It did with Anna, but not since I've got Belle. When I set it to TV-out, my N8 sees my tv-out cable as headphones

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi Youri2701

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

I advise you to reinstall the update from Nokia Suite

If issue persists, perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite. Then type *#7370# on your phone's keypad. The default lock code is 12345.

Alternatively, take your device to your local Nokia Care Point

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Try to manually change the setting. Go to Settings - Phone - Accesories and change default to TV-Out.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jadonvinay

i tried but no solution...please help

Please use plain text.
Youri2701

No, it's not working! I re-installed Belle and did the hardreset-thing,  but still the same problem.

I've seen a lot of discussions about this bug. Please try to fix it, guys! Because I used it a lot, before I installed Belle. I really don't want to go back to Anna, but if that's the only solution, maybe I have to.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
micmansour

easy fix... Make sure phone is on charge, then tv out works perfectly when you connect av cable. Was frustrating me to no end until i figured this out.
Happy tv-outing! :-)
Please use plain text.
Abdu94

unfortunately , still not working
Please use plain text.
Abdu94

can anyone give a mod to add to a cfw ??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
micmansour

make sure phone is charging first, then insert av cable into phone second, otherwise it won't work.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
UmarSharief

Nokia Belle update tv out problem on E6-00

I have the same problem with my nokia E6. TV Out does not work with belle. It worked fine with Anna but after update my tv out cable recognises as headset even tv out is set to default. Please help...

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Have you tried installing Nokia Big Screen to see if it resets TV out.
I've recently updated to Belle and big screen is working well.
N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

j444lh wrote:
Have you tried installing Nokia Big Screen to see if it resets TV out.
I've recently updated to Belle and big screen is working well.

Although BigScreen is working well (I use it often) it only works via HDMI. I assume those members posting here do not have HD TV's, so are unable to connect via HDMI.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Hi guys,

Not sure what caused this to happen. But while we investigate the matter, you can try to use Nokia Play which lets you show photos and videos taken with your mobile wirelessly on your TV.

Let me know how you get on.

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
manjeet31

istly we use n8 symbian anna then its working properly for normal tv a/v tv out, through CA-75U cable, bt after nokia new update belle me insert tha 3.5 mm jack to my n8 bt its not showing any thing. me check setings nd change the defaults tv out from headset, bt its nt working.

please help me say any soluation, my a/v tv out CA-75U cable not supported in belle software version 111.030.0609 custem version 111.030.0609.c03.01 rm596 why?

if belle is nt working well then why should NOKIA realease belle if belle have so many bug...
ILOVE NOKIA then i have buy nokia n8. now nokia launched pureview 808. if they also gv after update this type bug... then what would i do...............?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DrBassem75

I tried that but gave no use

Please use plain text.
nicozin

Hi all

I too had same problem with my C6-01 (Belle). It was working fine in Anna.

Today I found the solution when I plugged the CA-75U to my internal TV tuner in my PC.

Then measured the resistance and found it to be 85 OHMs. Which is 180 OHMs in case of TV video IN.

Then disconnected the cable and tried in TV, but with a tweak.----

1. Plug the cable into phone.

2. Take a 100 OHMs resistor and connect it to the yellow port of your cable as shown in the attachment for 3 sec.

3. Then you can see the TV icon instead of the earphone icon in your phone.

4. Remove the resistor and connect the cable to the TV without disconnecting it from the phone and enjoy TV outing in Belle.

If the same worked or didnot worked for you please give a feedback.

I am confident that it will not make any temporary or permanent damage to your phone.

Still try at your own risk.

I didnot tried in other handsets.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manjeet31

Nokia  working on this issue, they  have already escalated this to our concern department and this is due to some bug in the software and this problem is observed in mass devices. nd gives the refresh for n8.............. yupiiiiiiiiiii

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manjeet31

Re: Nokia Belle update TV out problem on N8-00

i think u r right. me agree with u. me also check with bt not 100ohm resister bit with headphone. before a weak i have insert a normal headphone not a headset to phone input headphone jack, and me see a tv sign like a 5800 is showing in n8 belle 0609 version, now today i have n8 1511 version with refresh belle, headphone jeck have 4pin point, ist Left vol 2nd Right vol 3rd TV out 4th Ground (Earth), so for tv support only 2pin works  3rd tv out nd 4th ground in Jeck. so u can try this trick who have wrote my Brother "nicozen" bcoz ots do not effect ur phone, do u know if ur particuler device headphones or f=headset or tv out cable ca-75u etc. insert in N8 jeck. phone does not direct connect vd them istly he checked  if its not supported he says in screen.

so now if u r a belle user u can try atleast 10 time sure, with 100ohm resister. u do with ca-75u cable yellow pin just like "nicozen" user pic. insert the tv out jeck to phone then atach the 100ohm resister. or attach 100 ohm resisor istly to yellow pin then insert jeck. im realy sure ur device N8 tv out real work, if any one who have chalanged me than i will accept. 

Dnt need Thnx. God Bless You.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
manjeet31

i think u r right. me agree with u. me also check with bt not 100ohm resister bit with headphone. before a weak i have insert a normal headphone not a headset to phone input headphone jack, and me see a tv sign like a 5800 is showing in n8 belle 0609 version, now today i have n8 1511 version with refresh belle, headphone jeck have 4pin point, ist Left vol 2nd Right vol 3rd TV out 4th Ground (Earth), so for tv support only 2pin works 3rd tv out nd 4th ground in Jeck. so u can try this trick who have wrote my Brother "nicozen" bcoz ots do not effect ur phone, do u know if ur particuler device headphones or f=headset or tv out cable ca-75u etc. insert in N8 jeck. phone does not direct connect vd them istly he checked if its not supported he says in screen.

so now if u r a belle user u can try atleast 10 time sure, with 100ohm resister. u do with ca-75u cable yellow pin just like "nicozen" user pic. insert the tv out jeck to phone then atach the 100ohm resister. or attach 100 ohm resisor istly to yellow pin then insert jeck. im realy sure ur device N8 tv out real work, if any one who have chalanged me than i will accept.
Dnt need Thnx. God Bless You.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
manjeet31

thnx nicozin
Please use plain text.