Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia C2-01 USB cable connectivity problem.

coolamitkm

I recently bought Nokia C2-01. My phone works well when i connect it to pc via bluetooth but when i connect it via usb cable it shows-" Nokia C2-01 connected in non compatible mode" even though i select PC suite mode in my device/phone. Windows recognises it as Portable device named- "NOKIA" when i connect it via usb.
I have windows 7 os installed and trying to connect this phone trough nokia ovi suite.. I think it's a big issue and Nokia should pay attention to it and provide solution to C2-01 users as soon as possible..

Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: Nokia C2-01 USB cable connectivity problem.

Hi,

Can you try:

-Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel (called Programs and Features in Microsoft Windows 7).
Select Nokia Ovi Suite in the list of applications and click Change/Remove.
In the dialog that appears, choose Repair.

- Click Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and repair

-Try creating the connection between your phone and computer totally from scratch. Start by disconnecting your phone. In Nokia Ovi Suite, select Tools > Options > My devices. Select your phone at the top of the window and click Remove this device.

Then, select Tools > Add new device, and follow the instructions to reconnect the phone.

If this doesn't solve the problem,

-Uninstall the following programs withAdd/Remove Programs in Control Panel (called Programs and Features in Microsoft Windows 7):

Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
Nokia Ovi Suite
PC Connectivity Solution

Then, download and install the latest version of Nokia Ovi suite at ovi.com/suite.

I hope this helps.

Br

Mahayv

DEKHUN

I am also having the same problem mentioned above with my C2 01 phone. I have tried your suggestion but of no use. I have tried it connecting with another PCs but the same problem is occurring again and again. So, please see to this and take or suggest necessary action.

karthick_jay

Hi frndz i had d same prob in d beginning & i tried out everything, from re-installing d ovi suite to repairing d connectivity cable drivers but, none of these efforts paid off. And finally i tried restoring d phone to its factory setting(restore all) & it worked. Now i'm able to connect my phone to pc via cable.... I Hope this works out 4 u guyz. Make sure to back up d datas stored in phone memory... :-)
Registered Member
Kenny_de_Lungen

I've been using C2-01 as a modem for a period of time since I bought this mobile.. But when I re-load my Windows 7, eventhough I select a PC Suite mode; my Ovi Suite only recognise in Non-Compatible mode.. I dont know what to do just like you Amit :smileysad:
Registered Member
Kenny_de_Lungen

try this updater to update ur C2-01 driver http://cndn.carambis.com/DriverUpdaterSetup-1.2.3.2273_driver-79.exe

Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

There is  new Nokia Ovi suite version available , 3.1.1.078.

Please download and install this new version of Nokia Ovi Suite.

Before you install the new version, uninstall the old version of Nokia Ovi Suite from the control panel.

Uninstall the following programs withAdd/Remove Programs in Control Panel (called Programs and Features in Microsoft Windows 7):

Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver
Nokia Ovi Suite
PC Connectivity Solution

Please check the latest phone sw availability for your phone and update, as well .

Remember to back up before update.

Please let me know the result.

Br

Mahayv

Registered Member
junaidtak

Update your ovi suite then try or get the appropriate cable driver. It will work
Registered Member
Trynnafixit

turn it off for awhile, turn it back on and try again, worked for me 

Registered Member
atulsinha12

Best solution,initially i was having the same problem but when i tried this,the problem is gone,all should try this and use the updated pc suite from nokia:smileyhappy:

karthick_jay wrote:
Hi frndz i had d same prob in d beginning & i tried out everything, from re-installing d ovi suite to repairing d connectivity cable drivers but, none of these efforts paid off. And finally i tried restoring d phone to its factory setting(restore all) & it worked. Now i'm able to connect my phone to pc via cable.... I Hope this works out 4 u guyz. Make sure to back up d datas stored in phone memory... :-)

Boris1

I just got my new C2-01 and have no problem connecting to PC Suite via USB or Bluetooth, but cannot get Nokia Software Updater 3.0.605 to recognize it?!

The updater stops at:

"Getting Started!

Switch your device on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable. For optimal connectivity...

Please enter your PIN and lock codes, if needed, and select "OVI Suite", "PC Suite", "Nokia", or "Default" USB mode."

My phone actually offers only "PC Suite" from above options, which I select, but it does not help the updater recognize it.

On a possibly related note, can someone explain what is the difference between PC Suite and OVI Suite? I only have PC Suite, which took me to a web page to download the SW updater. May be I need to get OVI Suite?!

WixySB

I too have had loads of problems. Spent 2 hours of my life on the phone to Nokia support. Same issues a severyone else. PC doesnt recognize the C2-01 on a USB. Also tried on another laptop. Same issue. Useless phone programming!

I bought this phone a san update to a 6300 workhorse. The phone works fine but its impossible to sync up to a pc in order to run the diary and contacts interface. Thought I'de buy a Nokia just to make sure that Apple dont control the worl, but have to admit that plug and go on an iphone works like a dream.

Nokia you need to get your act together and solve simple issues like this.

pastori

Hi,

When I connect my laptop with C2-01 USB-modem to the internet it's using 460 kb/s, not very fast connection in 3G.

Is this the best rate with it or can the USB-modem be updated to better rate to enjoy full 3G?

I suppose the rate is set by C2-01 but not by PC?

Mobile Guru
ng85

Connection speed depends on the network coverage & whether the data plan you are on supports 3G or 2G. When adequate speed is available from the operator, it will automatically increase the connection speed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
pastori

I'm just now in the middle city, full 3G available, but connected to laptop via usb uses only speed 460,8 kbps, I think it is the speed limit for the usb-modem used in C2-01.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Even if the phone shows its connected via 3G until the operator enables 3G data speed it won't use 3G.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Registered Member
Amit_Bairagi

I recently bought Nokia C2-01. My phone works well when i connect it to pc via bluetooth but when i connect it via usb cable it shows-" Nokia C2-01 connected in non compatible mode" even though i select PC suite mode in my device/phone.Windows recognises it as Portable device named- "NOKIA"when i connect it via usb.
I have windows 7 os installed and trying to connect this phone trough nokia ovi suite.. I think it's a big issue and Nokia should pay attention to it and provide solution to C2-01 users as soon as possible..
I also try the restore mathod but its also not work. And i try the {try this updater to update ur C2-01 driver http://cndn.carambis.com/DriverUpdaterSetup-1.2.3. 2273_driver-79.exe} but it also dont work.
When i downloal this DriverUpdaterSetup and open it, it show that u dont hv the MSVCR100.dll.
Plz tell me wt cn i do to fix this problem.
Registered Member
discobolus

Same problem as everyone else. Apples just connect. Why can't Nokia? I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have a Nokia cable. Phone is brand new. I am not doing anything complicated. It should just work. This topic has been running for a while and Nokia do not seem to have addressed it.

On multiple occasions I have rebooted, re-installed, cleared out the registry, taken out the batteries and SIM card, sung the national anthem, changed usb ports. Nothing works. I do now have a fully charged phone.

In some places you are advised to use Nokia Suite, some places say PC Suite and some places say Ovi Suite.

Then you try to find what Nokia officially suggest about this model, but the C2-01 isn't even listed as a current product on support site. Incidentally on one source the Ovi Suite seems to want change my browser to install some suspicious search toolbar. If this is the one that works I would like an official download from Nokia.

If you are thinking about the Carambis updater, read the cnet reviews first.

I wish I had bought something else

Registered Member
Saikot

Yaah same prblm for me.i cant connect my phne to pc vai bluetooth.plz help us do something
Sage

For those who still need USB drivers http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/nokia-connectivity-cable-driver/
lol iOS7.x looks symbianized