Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C2 - how to block numbers?

Advisor
kittykatt

Nokia C2 - how to block numbers?

How can I block a couple of incoming numbers (both calls and texts?) to my phone? There are a couple of people who I don't want to contact me either by ringing or by text!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: Nokia C2 - how to block numbers?

Hi,

With call barring (network service), you can restrict the calls that you make or receive with the device. For example, you can restrict all outgoing international calls or incoming calls when you are abroad. To modify the settings, you need the barring password from your service provider.

Menu > Settings > Security Settings > Call barring service

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonard1928

another method is installing 3rd party applications which enables blocking of unwanted contacts/numbers
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tebza55

Hi, how do I install 3rd party apps..???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry, but its not possible on your device. You can't block 'selective' calls with the method given by mahayv Technical Expert . It will block ALL Calls.. And for an S40 device like yours no compatible 3rd Party application will be available...

Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@Tebza55

Nokia C2 is non-OS phone, so apps are not as much as Symbin or other phones with OS.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

yep. such 3rd party call blocker applications can't be written for Series 40 phones as the APIs to access low-level platform features in J2ME (Java) are fairly limited.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update for (X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joy6895

Re: Nokia C2 -01 how to block numbers?

i can't use the call barring in my nokia c2-01? its always said request incomplete,,,, i can't retrieve also the barring password? plss. help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Call barring is operator dependant. You need to contact the operator in this regard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nyceman

It's incredible that non-OS  Nokia phones such as C2-01 are not compatible with block list applications and much cheaper phones like Samsung E2121 have this option embedded... This subject should concern Customer Service!!! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TCSC47

I've ended up in this forum for one purpose only. - To find out how to block unwanted callers on my C2. I am extreemly careful who I give my mob number to, but have still ended up with scam and spam. I am amazed that the phone manufacturers have not realised what a selling point it is to be able to block specific numbers! I will be looking for this in my next phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tompa72

Use the group feature for your contacts.
Create a group for annoying salespeople and one group for all the other contacts.
Add the number to a contact you want to block and add this contact to annoying salespeople group. Make sure that your other contacts are added to the other group.
In the Settings and signals there is a setting for what numbers calls will be answered for. The default is all calls are taken. Change this by selecting only the others group.
I hope this solves your problem.
Please use plain text.