Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3-00 Firmware V 08.63 issues

rascalangel
Accepted Solution

Nokia C3-00 Firmware V 08.63 issues

I updated my Nokia C3-00 to the latest firmware OTA. Now i am facing following issues.

1) The Memory Card seems to get corrupted every now and then. All the normal folders such as media,backup etc etc disappear. Then i have to format the card and reinsert it.

2) There are Messages in the Inbox (SMS) which has no title,no text but just show up blank.Cant delete them too as it throws error that " Error Occured.Deletion not completed".

Please guys solve these problems.

P.S. it would have been nice if the OS had the option to select multiple messages in Inbox.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can you check your phone sw and if available, update.

Please remember to backup your phone.

More information about update:http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

Fot your second question there is one link which end users discuss.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
rascalangel

Apparently im on the lastest software release i.e. v8.63. also i aint the only one facing the problem.

[/t5/Cseries/unable-to-delete-messages-on-Nokia-C3/td-p/1031799]

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hussam_tayeb

I'm having the same issue after 08.63 updated. there are a total of 17 messages that can't  be viewed or deleted.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Harvey_26

try to fix it on Nokia Care..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ananthplayboy

Dont try to fix this prob. in nokia care.
i done the same ., but nw my nokia c3 has the following issues...
1. communities are uninstalled [ not able to reinstall ]
2.all symbol keys were channged
3. cant able to update next version via nokia software updater or via nokia mobile update
4. regional language support are dissabled
i thik this s all
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hussam_tayeb

I need to physically take the phone to some nokia dealer? I work from 8AM till 8PM seven days a week. It'll be tough to take a day off just for a phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mindwork

Dear Brother,

I also face this problem after i update my firmware but i have sole this prolem. Now i share with you and other. Listen clearly,

1. Go to Settings>Sync and backup>Create backup(backup in memory card)>check mark only Messages( Uncheck other) then Done.

Then Go to memory card> Backup files>Restore

Before this you may clear your every data from memory card.

Its work 100% to me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HeyDreii

[ Edited ]

Tried it. It worked. Thanks a lot mindwork! +1 for you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tsundaresan1972

Nokia C3-00 Firmware V 08.63 (Blank Messages Error Rectified)

[ Edited ]

Frankly, I am telling, NO issues will come when you update V08.63 in Nokia C3-00 mobile.  I have updated V08.63  in my Nokia C3-00.  Now, my mobile is working good and with more battery backup than the previous version. 

After installed new version in your mobile, please do the following,

Go to settings, select sync and backup then select create backup then press continue and mark everything including messages then press done (It will create backup in your memory card).  Then go to applications, select gallary then open memory card and then open backup files then press restore.  It will restore everything and also it will delete the blank messages, thereafter, you won't get error message in your mobile.

By Sundaresan T

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Myown

Re: Nokia C3-00 Firmware V 08.63 (Blank Messages Error Rectified)

Hello to all..i did updated my phone to latest version 08.63 and honestly don't find much difference i do have one problem and curious if some of you have it also..chat is the problem..for example i log in to yahoo and logs but then i select the msn and logging but can't see anything..moving between yahoo and msn when on msn chat i see yahoo like it was previously selected..so if i chated with someone and switch to msn then will see on msn side the yahoo actually and what screen showed last time..does anyone has some problem like that? or can know some solution for this problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eerier70

yes i am also facing this problem with my phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HalLoW

I got some problems after update to v8.63
- Community gets error. can not load feed on fb

- Chat becomes lag. i still can log in my acc but a white screen appear. no name can display

- operamini cannot connect. ovi browser can connect but when download my nokia use GPRS instead of wifi.

How can i fix it now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ceano07

@ mindwork

Thanks a lot the message bug issue got solved :smileyhappy: but still i have problem with the log .. 2 empty entries r der unable to delete them :smileymad: tried backup restore everything but still dint work for me .. :smileyindifferent: nokia should solve this in their next update.

Please use plain text.
redsh0es

i have double communities icon. HELP!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Skb41

thankx a lot..........................for the message bug essue
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ mindwork. Message BUG issue solved. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karumbaiah

Hi,

After updating my phone with the 8.63 version, I can no more use the downloaded bookmarks to open websites. For Ex. I downloaded the Cricinfo and Facebook bookmarks from the respective website. But, when I open those bookmarks, It just closes automatically.

Please use plain text.
rascalangel

after doing the above mentioned steps though the balnk messages disappeared none of my other messages were restored :smileysad:.Nevertheless nothing was important so ok :smileyhappy: Thank You!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ananthplayboy

The only problem in OVI browser is... it wont connect / use WiFi...... y its lik this i dono..
Please use plain text.