Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-00: What is BGSA Upload Logs and how do w...

Counsellor

Nokia C3-00: What is BGSA Upload Logs and how do we delete it from the Memory Card?

What is BGSA Upload Logs and how do we delete it from the Memory Card?

Is it a virus? When I shut off my phone and switch it on, I will find two BGSA Upload Logs in my memory card. I can delete one and can't delete the other one. If I do switch on and off again, it would be the same.

How do we get rid of this? Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia C3-00: What is BGSA Upload Logs and how do we delete it from the Memory Card?

Can anyone please help? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage
nicrame

Re: Nokia C3-00: What is BGSA Upload Logs and how do we delete it from the Memory Card?

Just do not care about this file, it is not a virus, just some info/logs from the phone firmware.
Don't say you want to help - just do it! Happy user of Nokias: 6150 SAT (still work), 6021 (used as backup, still work), 5220 XpressMusic (Drown, screaming for Contact Service), C3-00 (my current phone).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Before I don't have this. Now it is there. Hope the people from Nokia would solve this in their next firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Can Nokia solve this issue? I think it is not only me who is having this issue. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Does anyone else hve this problem?

Please use plain text.
naza01

I also have the same problem adn dont know how to delete it......can Nokia solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mickt1978

It took me ages to figure out away to get rid of this file, but in the end it was quite easy. Flick out your memory card and then put it back in again. Go to the bgsa upload file and youl notice the contents of the file have gone, and now you can delete it, however you will find it again every time you turn your phone off and on again. But you can get rid of it again and again by taking out your mem card and putting it back again. Hope this sorts your problem guys.
Please use plain text.
ChaEscariot

nokia should come up with a solution for this problem, why don't someone from nokia post a reply here if it's a virus or a system LOG.
Please use plain text.
ChaEscariot

try deleting the mp3 files which includes an album inlay on it, when it plays, i think that's what the BGSA stand about. but i am not sure, just popped up. and i'm gonna try it after work.
Please use plain text.
ChaEscariot

this is a response from nokia email support team, i wrote them an email regarding this concern.

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline. In response to your inquiry, the BGSA_upload.log is part of the system files and this is actually used as a system log. Please be assured that this is not a virus as S40 devices are not infected by viruses. On the other hand, you would need to delete this file as it may take up space on your memory card.

i brought my phone to Nokia Care, and they fixed it..

that is the best thing to do.. it'll only take 3 - 4 hours.. KUDOS to NOKIA CARE!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
teeb

I had some trouble with this BGSA upload... Could someone affirm that it is not only my problem?

When I try to connect to the PC with mass storage mode, it says "the memmory card is in use by another application" when the bgsa upload file could not be deleted. but when I delete the file with the memmory card removing method, the mass storage mode works properly.

just one more... anyone knows is there any solution to use the wlan on C3?

cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
slapsoul

this what i done to remove it from the memory card. first go to recordings and delete it there. if you cant delete from the  recordings turn off your c3. and turn it on again you should be able to delete now.make sure the memory card is still connected to your c3.then take out your memory card for  a minute and put it back in.you should be able to delete now.warning dont turn off your c3 when you take out the memory card.it work for me.but if you turned off your c3 again it would just comeback again.from the philippines.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
j_joy

Thanks. it worked for me. but i am using nokia X2. then also it worked for me. Thank u once again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pranabkali

My cell olso suffer to this prblm
Please use plain text.