Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3-00 "waiting" sign on homescreen.

Registered Member
JamesKarlPalacios

Nokia C3-00 "waiting" sign on homescreen.

I got my Nokia C3-00 last month and this phone works great and awesome, but there's a problem on my homescreen "waiting". I tried to restart and remove it's battery over again and still the "waiting" still on the homescreen. What should I do to remove the Waiting sign on the homescreen. Thanks! :smileyhappy:
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi JamesKarlPalacios,

Welcome to the Nokia forum and thanks for your post.

Have you tried a firmware update? Go to Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow where available updates are listed. If none are available, reinstall the current software which is displayed in blue. This should fix the issue. 

Make sure you make a back up off your data before you install the update. Go to Tools > Back up and don't tick the Settings box. 

Let me know how you get on!

Iris9200

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
JamesKPalacios

Hi. I have Nokia Suite 3.4.49 on my laptop and the Nokia Suite cant reinstall  because there's something wrong on the Nokia Suite. It say you need to restart the program again, if doesnt go away uninstall the nokia suite and download the latest nokia suite.I tried to troubleshoot the Nokia Suite and shows that is only compatible with Windows XP and Vista. My laptop is Windows 7.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

You can reinstall c3 00 software using Nokia suite.
I did the same and it worked well.

Download latest Nokia suite, restart computer and try software update for update or reinstall.
:smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

You may also try thru NSU ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AkshDey

why dont u turn off the homescreen feauture and on it after a while?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rseiler

There's an existing thread on this going back a year and a half:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/c3-00-home-screen-configuraton-quot-waiting-quot/td-p/877865

Nothing works. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kmk7

Go to homescreen setting there change that slot to another or keep it empty thats all :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

There is new software update available fo C3-00. Check with your phone or PC.
This update adds Nimbuzz to menu.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rseiler

What version did you have in mind, 8.71?  Still 8.70 listed for me.

Anyway, can someone take another pass at "Go to homescreen setting there change that slot to another or keep it empty" for me?

Please use plain text.