Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3-01: Connectivity Issues: Wi-Fi and GP...

Advisor
kkchaitanya
Accepted Solution

Nokia C3-01: Connectivity Issues: Wi-Fi and GPRS To be considered for the next S/W Update

[ Edited ]

When a Wi-Fi connection is available the phone should be able to use it as default in all applications. There is no setting to change this.

If you delete all the GPRS Configuration settings, you will not be able to connect to the internet even if you have an available Wi-Fi connection. The web browser says 'Invalid Web Settings' All the other apps including the Nokia Ovi Store say 'Unable to Connect' I have tried all possible settings to change this happen but nothing works out. But the phone is able to use Wi-Fi when I ask it to look for S/W Updates. My Curr. Ver. 5.65. 

Other small updates to be considered:

Brightness Control

Automatic Keygaurd [It's missing probably 'çause it's not necessary but some might want to change that feature]

Notihng happens when you touch the Notification icons area.

In Video play back when you double tap  the screen, Fullscreen playback is brought up. If you tap it again the bar that shows Play/Pause, previous and next keys should dissapear, It covers a large area of the screen which will not allow you to see subtitles if any.

Minimising Applications by presssing the End Key.

Wi-Fi keeps getting disconnected, don't know if it's to save battery.

Probable Hardware Changes for the next phone version:

You guys at Nokia might have to consider including a navigation key ( Probably an Optical nav key in the space between the Answer and the End key.

Probably if thats not possible a Menu key in the same place. Long press would bring up minimised apps(if that feature is included)

If my Post helped you then hit the green star on the left
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kkchaitanya

Re: Nokia C3-01: Connectivity Issues: Wi-Fi and GPRS To be considered for the next S/W Update

Also the feature to switch on the flash in video mode under low light conditions 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: Nokia C3-01: Connectivity Issues: Wi-Fi and GPRS To be considered for the next S/W Update

Hi,

Here are some solutions for you to connect with WLAN and use the WLAN as default for applications as well.

Select Menu > Settings and Configuration > Preferred access point — View the saved access points and choose the preferred WLAN access point.

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Internet Connection :Ask first
you are asked for the connection method every time you open an application that requires an Internet connection such as Browser or Mail.

Select Menu > Settings > Configuration  > Personal settings >Add > Web > account name "My Web" and use preferred acces point "yes"

For Ovi Store:

Please use your web  for store.ovi.com  or (store.ovi.mobi) and here ovi store suggests to update and go on with guidance.

I hope this helps

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kkchaitanya

Hey Mahayv,

Thanks for the quick response. The problem is the WLAN access point doesn't show up in the preferred access point list. I tried the other options you have given too, still not working.

What I've done for now is I got configuration settings from the Operator and every time I want to connect it asks first as it used to before me deleting the config settings.

Thank You.

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I do not understand do you mean that your phone does not detect any WLAN around you or?

Select menu > Connectivity > WLAN > Available WLANs. Then it appears WLANs if available.Check here any WLAN  name and save it. This saved WLAN appears under the saved WLANs.

One of the reason if no WLAN appears with your phone, maybe there is no any WLAN around you or they are hidden.

Even there is WLANs but your phone does not find, possibly your phone WLAN is not working.

Then you should visit Nokia Care Point nearest to you to check your phone.

Br

Mahmut

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kkchaitanya

Hey

My phone's WLAN is working fine, No Hardware issue here. The WLAN gets detected and yes it works, only if I have other GPRS configurations as well and it wont show up in the preferred access points even if its saved.

I have got a work around for now but really thankful for the heads up from you guys, Keep up the Good Work. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mistic_me

Hello admin,

I'm having issues locating my wlan on the preferred access point list, could u help me regarding this?

Regards,

Manish

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Select menu > Connectivity > WLAN > Available WLANs. Then it appears WLANs if available.Check here any WLAN  name and save it. This saved WLAN appears under the saved WLANs.

One of the reason if no WLAN appears with your phone, maybe there is no any WLAN around you or they are hidden.

Even there is WLANs but your phone does not find, possibly your phone WLAN is not working.

Then you should visit Nokia Care Point nearest to you to check your phone.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I got Wifi working finally for Opera Mini on my Nokia C3-01 phone. It was working fine for browser and mail application though.

I did the following.

1) In Settings >> Configuration >> Def. config. sett.

Delete all entries.

2) Create a access point manually using Settings >> Configuration>>Personal Settings.

It is necessary to create one. It will still work even though it is not pointing to real access point. Just point it to dummy Pack. data acc. pt. access point say "foo".

3) Set the access point created in step 2 as Preferred acc. pt using Settings >> Configuration>>Preferred acc. pt

4) Make sure you had set WLAN >> Internet Conn. to Ask first.

Now apps like Opera Mini starts Asking for Access point whenever connecting to internet.

It shows mutiple access point in the list. Usually the first one is your wifi access point and second one is the dummy access point you had as preferred access point.

Using the above steps i am able to point wifi access point to access internet in all apps available in my phone. If you want to still access your gprs access point too then point the preferred access point created in step 2 to real gprs access point instead of "foo". Contact your operator to get configuration details for real gprs access point or check out how it is configured in your friends phone using the same operator as yours. Just make sure you are doing it manually and are not using the configuration profile sent by operator direcly to your phone. It blocks wifi access point access on your phone.

My phone details are as follows:

Nokia C3-01

v 05.65

26-11-10

RM-640

(C) Nokia MR1

My operator:

Vodafone IN

The moral of the story is configure your access point manually.

Do not use configuration setting provided by operator, they block access to wifi access point.

I dropped configuration settings provided by my operator i.e Vodafone IN when i found that apps like opera mini are always connecting to gprs instead of wifi.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kkchaitanya

Dude,

That's an issue with the phone s/w not with the operator :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

In latest series 40 phones when you create a access point using personal setting you cannot specify proxy, for that you need to create a web access point. But the web access point is not accessible to j2me apps like opera mini.

The restriction is levied in latest s40 phones. we cannot set proxy using phone ui while creating access point. But i guess operator is able to achive this by provisioning their own configuration profile which a normal user cannot create on his own.

So when we download configuration profile sent by operator it becomes the default one and the access point is visible in preferred access point as well as to j2me apps like opera mini.

But when i create a web access point i cannot set it as preferred access point nor it is available to j2me apps like opera mini.

I think it is a bug in nokia firmware which should be fixed in next update.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shb66

after step # 1 how do you delete all entries ? no option to delete, please clarify.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Inside Configuration section you will get a list of configurations.

On any configuration tap and hold (don't release) it for a second, you will get two options 1) Set as default 2) Delete. Choose delete and delete all configurations one by one as mentioned above.

You should try out tap and hold feature of this touch phone at many places in various sections to dig out hidden options.

Please use plain text.
beholdafrica

my nokia e63 dont have (wi-fi) wirelss connection feature

[ Edited ]

please  am from ghana i bougth  nokia e63 in china and the wireless connection feature(wi-fi) is not on the phone, can anybody help me toe get this feature on my phone? please if anybody can help me to download that feature(wi-fi) to my phone.

thank you 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: my nokia e63 dont have (wi-fi) wirelss connection feature

Chinese WiFi (WAPI) is not compatible with the 802.11 standard used in other parts of the world.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ANISHBOSS

It works:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.