Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-01 Prediction setting Word completion

Advisor
Brizzley
Accepted Solution

Nokia C3-01 Prediction setting Word completion

I can not get word completion to work even if I select Prediction setting Word complet. On

On my previous Nokia, if I part-typed a word with predictive text it would suggest likely words but the C3-01 seems reluctant to do so?

Any suggestions welcomed!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
reg091

Re: Nokia C3-01 Prediction setting Word completion

If it is like my C6-01 then I have struggled to get used to the fact that it doesn't "display" suggested words. They are there though and you have to scroll through them (blind) using the * key, or hold the * key and they display. Neither is very satisfactory for me.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Hunaid786

Watch This : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNBqZMxTD7E

That Will Solve your Problem. 

If I've helped in any way, a click upon the White star to the left would always be appreciated.

If however my answer also solves your problem clicking below " ACCEPT AS SOLUTION " it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
reg091

Looks like the solution for the OP, But (FYI) it doesn't work that way on 6-01.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zodster

Nokia's claim to have 'solved' the word completion problem is incorrect.  I have been in lengthy conversation with their support department ('Brian') and after many iterations got him to understand the problem.  This was not helped by the fact that Nokia's simulator did not exhibit the fault - this is only evident when using the phone hardware.  After many discussions, Brian agreed that the fault does indeed exist and has referred it to Nokia's 'third line' support.  He promised that the problem will be fixed in an imminent (within one month) revision to the firmware.  Whilst this is welcome, I was disappointed by the length of time it took them to understand and accept that the fault existed.  It also begs the question as to how I can retain my audio files when inputting new s/w, since OVI does not appear to support backup of these !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zodster

This does NOT solve the pronblem - see 2 posts later !
Please use plain text.
999steve

I have a problem with the C3-01 predictive texting, it used to work ok but recently it seems to have lost the ability to understand the most basic of English words and has stopped offering alternative words, it just goes straight to the spell?

Any one any ideas how this can be relolved, have already tried to reset the factory settings etc.

Please use plain text.
999steve

This sounds odd but my language is set to English but when I go to

Messages,

Creat new Msg,

options,

predictive,

turn on,

for some reason it comes up as Italian?????

Please use plain text.