Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-01 - white screen blinking and won't turn...

stripy64

Nokia C3-01 - white screen blinking and won't turn off

Yesterday evening I wanted to make a call and took the phone but the display was just blinking with the screen completely white and didn't respond to any keys (actually I couldn't turn it off, so I had to remove the battery). After placing the battery back after some time nothing changed, it still blinked. I tried to remove it for the whole night but no success again. Everything is still the same. This happened to me about a month ago for a couple of times and after few days it started to act normally. What's the problem with my phone? Can anybody help me and tell me what to do?

Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia C3-01 - white screen blinking and won't turn off

[ Edited ]

You should check for a sofware udate is this behaviour continues return the device to a nokia care point.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
stripy64

Thank you Jimmy. Unfortunatelly I can't turn it on for 2 days already. Last time when it happened (about 2 months ago) it recovered after a day. Is there any way to access the phone at this state?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Can you try connect to pc and see if anything happens if not you will need to send it to a nokia care point.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
stripy64

Nothing happens when I try to connect it. I already took it to the service center. I hope they'll know how to fix it. The guy who works there told me that it's probably caused by a software problem.

Thank you anyway

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Andyk21

it happened to me too. 2-3 weeks after i bought my new c3-01 screen gone white and never returned. I went to a nokia service store and after 2 weeks i got it back with a software update ''they told me'' . After a couple of days again tha same problem! back to nokia store and again 2-3 weeks of patience they replaced my c3-01 with another one. They said that the problem was on the electronic board (i dont know if im saying this right)! I have the replaced phone for about 2 weeks. No problems yet its very early anyway...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
klet

did you pay for the replacement of our unit?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

it would be under warranty so it would not cost for anything.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
klet

even if they replaced it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nokia will decide if it needs replacement and no it wont cost if they decide and under warranty

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adriel42dias

My mobile too has the same problem,but i gave for repairs they told me that they will see if they can see for the software.........
Please use plain text.