Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-01 wlan is connecting but unable to brows...

giriya

Nokia C3-01 wlan is connecting but unable to browse

Hi ,

I bought Nokia C3-01 touch and type model 5 days before, I  connected it through the wlan and it was successfully connected, but once i started browsing it show the msg after loading for few min as " the link is not found plz try after some times' ,but the page is opening while using gprs, plz help me to resolve the problem.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
noki_c3_01

Re: Nokia C3-01 wlan is connecting but unable to browse

giriya:

You need to make absolutely certain that you are connected to WiFi. To do this, go to:

Menu>Settings>Connectivity>WLAN>Internet conn.>click on Ask first.

When you go on the internet, the phone will ask you to Select internet connection. Choose your WLAN.

Also, try using Opera Mini:

Menu>Apps.>Extras>Collection>Opera Mini
My Nokia C3-01 Software details:

V 05.60
06-10-10
RM-640
(c) Nokia

Found this by: Menu>Settings>Phone>Phone updates>Curr. sw details
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I got Wifi working finally for Opera Mini on my Nokia C3-01 phone. It was working fine for browser and mail application though.

I did the following.

1) In Settings >> Configuration >> Def. config. sett.

Delete all entries.

2) Create a access point manually using Settings >> Configuration>>Personal Settings.

It is necessary to create one. It will still work even though it is not pointing to real access point. Just point it to dummy Pack. data acc. pt. access point say "foo".

3) Set the access point created in step 2 as Preferred acc. pt using Settings >> Configuration>>Preferred acc. pt

4) Make sure you had set WLAN >> Internet Conn. to Ask first.

Now apps like Opera Mini starts Asking for Access point whenever connecting to internet.

It shows mutiple access point in the list. Usually the first one is your wifi access point and second one is the dummy access point you had as preferred access point.

Using the above steps i am able to point wifi access point to access internet in all apps available in my phone. If you want to still access your gprs access point too then point the preferred access point created in step 2 to real gprs access point instead of "foo". Contact your operator to get configuration details for real gprs access point or check out how it is configured in your friends phone using the same operator as yours. Just make sure you are doing it manually and are not using the configuration profile sent by operator direcly to your phone. It blocks wifi access point access on your phone.

My phone details are as follows:

Nokia C3-01

v 05.65

26-11-10

RM-640

(C) Nokia MR1

My operator:

Vodafone IN

The moral of the story is configure your access point manually.

Do not use configuration setting provided by operator, they block access to wifi access point.

I dropped configuration settings provided by my operator i.e Vodafone IN when i found that apps like opera mini are always connecting to gprs instead of wifi.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mansiagrawal

still its not working. plz help

Please use plain text.