Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3 Symbol: Open padlock??

stu023

Nokia C3 Symbol: Open padlock??

my nokia C3 was working perfectly yesterday, but today won't send text messages and is taking over half an hour to receive text messages, the open padlock symbol is appearing on the top left when i should be receiving a text, however i don't receive the text until 30 or more minutes later

the message centre number is correct and ive tried restarting it etc. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Nokia C3 Symbol: Open padlock??

Hi stu023,

Welcome to the Nokia discussion boards!

It indicates that your call connection is not secure. You shouldn't be so concerned about this, but it may have affected your recieving of text messages. Try calling your network operator and see if there is a problem with the network.

Also, it may be worth you doing a soft reset which will not delete any data. You can do this by entering *#7780# on your device's keypad and when prompted, enter 12345 (by default) as the passcode.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ladybirds

Re: Nokia C3 Symbol: Open padlock??

Im also facing the same problem...lately there was a unlock padlock sign on my nokia c3 phone..but it appear only when im making a phone call...this problem already happen almost 1 month..please advice
Please use plain text.