Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3:Update Nokia Services like Nokia Mail,Com...

Advisor
mac_osiris

Nokia C3:Update Nokia Services like Nokia Mail,Communities,Messaging . And about Virus.

How to Updating this Nokia Service on Nokia C3 handset like Nokia Mail 2.0.20, Nokia Communities 2.0.12, Nokia Chat 2.0.22  When i start those app then show " The latest service is now available". My question is how i update those service. My handset firmware version is 04.60.

Please give me any link to update or suggestion.

Is there any possibility to attack virus? 

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
trimmock

Re: Nokia C3:Update Nokia Services like Nokia Mail,Communities,Messaging . And about Virus.

YEa.. I need the solution too. We encounter the same problem...
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Re: Nokia C3:Update Nokia Services like Nokia Mail,Communities,Messaging . And about Virus.

Hi,

Each of the three apps you mention works independently (separate clients) and they update separately.
Unless the device firmware is updated, then it is possible that they might receive updates for numerous service clients at one time.

If you want to update your phone, please check the link below for C3-00 phone.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update

I have not heard till now any virus attack on the S40 phones. So you do not need to worry.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Contributor
trimmock

Thanks. for the help but still not work.

My nokia C3 version is 8.63

But still problem with Chat and Mail. I cant connect. Tried the  GPRS and WIFI in good connection but still failed.

Chat Version is 2.0.29

Error code 920and  error code 02

Mail Version is 2.0.24

How will update it? Please  help.

I already Update the Firmware Regularly.

Service Provide is Smart Comunication Philippines

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mindwork

How do you update firmware? By Computer or Over The Air [On phone internet (OTA)]. My firmware also 8.63 version . but i have no problem. I update my firmware from my phone Over the Air. Try Over The Air(OTA). 

If this way not work plz contact your service provider for GPRS fault. Or WIFI and Firmware fault plz contact with your country's Nokia Customer Care.

There is no virus for Nokia C3-00. But if you using internet on phone, after using eject your memory card and scan with computer. It may help you protect againest virus.

That all solution from me.

Thank you. Keep in Touch.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cuahieugiatla

Just simply insert another SIM on your device. Try it! It works all the time for me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yeah mee too most of the time

but i dont get communication error using mobile internet

i get it only while using wlan

and even sometimes using wlan iit works

poor from nokia

i bought this phone only for its wlan feature 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ananthplayboy

u can update them with new software
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ananthplayboy

be sure that ur Nokia mobile ( ALL MODELS )
must be updated by nokia service ( Applications , websites ) ......
using third party apps / websites for upddate will cause damage ur phone (or) cause unstabe permanently....
Please use plain text.
bodeful_bilious

Pathatic services like communities, mail, chat, even i can't install even a single application from ovi store, i'd change my network settings i'd change my connection from prepaid to postpaid also tries personal settings as i found here i'm just telling you that guys i gonna try for last solution which they advise me after this post if problem presist again then i won't buy any nokia handset in future and as 83% of people won't come back with these kind of services, you guys are just making fools
Please use plain text.
bodeful_bilious

And the communication error and connection error and network problem to the hell with
Please use plain text.