Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C3 Wifi Problem

Advisor
Enes

Nokia C3 Wifi Problem

I am using nokia c3-00. I connect the modem in my house. my phone is properly connected to the modem but can not login to the internet. Sometimes I open the media player first, then make bookmarks, a registered media player to play YouTube videos when I enter the browser. so I enter the internet. my problem is that the wifi does not operate the Internet. Please help me.

Sorry for my English is not native language ....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

C3 00 wifi works.
It is the wifi modem that won't support wifi devices to connect.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

You need some settings to do:

Select menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Available WLANs >  choose the WiFi network name you wish to connect

Select Menu > Settings > Configuration >Personal settings  > Add new > Access Point > Write the name of the WLAN access point you wish to connect

Select Menu > Settings and Configuration > Preferred access point — View the saved access points and choose the preferred WLAN access point.

Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Internet Connection :Ask first

you are asked for the connection method every time you open an application that requires an Internet connection such as Browser or Mail.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
eve0819

i had tried the setting and yet it says that security incorrect

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Okay, so there is security code to connect.
Password which you have entered will be wrong.
Recheck for case of letters, symbols, and numbers of your password.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Enes

Thank you to all of you for helping us.

Mr. Mahayv,

questions will be: access point opened, an access point wifi connection point with the account name should be the same?

Could you explain a little more on what?

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Usual way is when the settings are OK and connect  the phone with WLAN , no need any account name.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Enes

I'm sorry, but the first post that I talked to more than Mr.Mahayv 2 step in the "Select Menu> Settings> Configuration> Personal settings> Add new> Access Point> Write the name of the WLAN access point you wish to connect," you said. So here the Access Point in the 'Account name' or the access point settings in the 'User Name' instead of the wifi port id 'we will give

Please use plain text.

Hi,

Just gíve the "Account name My access point". Of course this must be the WLAN access point name you wish to connect.(In the available WLAN list).

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Enes

Mr.Mahavy

Can I delete them also have set up my gsm? I have one more question: After you activate the default setting should I do?

Please use plain text.

Hi,

No need to delete.

After the default settings are activated, the applications you start, automatically work according to the default settings.

Br

mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Enes

mr. mahavy,

tell all about the events step by step (exactly)

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You have done the settings above i explained for WLAN connection, right?

After this, when you open the browser or Internet on your phone, this will connect automatically to the Internet.

If it does not work, it is best to visit Nokia Care Point in your area.

To find your nearest Nokia Care Point, visit http://www.nokia.com/support and select the Repair page.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DSRN0KIA

Hi Mahayv,

I want to use wifi in my C3 and my Wifi is IP portected but i am not finding the location where should i put the IP address and all things so could you just help me out...

Thank you.
DSR
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DSRN0KIA

Hi ,

Select menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Available WLANs > choose the WiFi network .
Then
Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Internet Connection :Ask first

Now when you use any application it would ask for connection every time just select your wifi connection.

if it is not prompting then you just restore the phone setting ALL. Take backup first then follow the same procedure..

Thanks
DSR
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi,
I have my C3-00 which connects to all the WiFi networks which i have tried.
All you need to do is to set
ask first
in WLAN settings.
By doing this, a popup option appears for selecting type of connection to choose for the applications which needs internet.
This popup includes 3 options:
1.search WLAN or name of WIFI if you are already connected to WIFI network.
2.Normal GPRS or EDGE access point name. This name appears from settings in configuration which you have activated to use for internet.
3. Do not ask. If you choose this option, phone connects to available wifi network else connects to gprs or edge access point which you have activated in configuration.
After these you should be able to connect to internet using apps Ex: Opera Mini.

Now while using the default browser the popup option won't come and it directly connects to gprs or edge!!?
To solve this you need personal configuration setting made by you.
Goto configuration-personal configuration and add access point name, give any name you like and come back.
Goto configuration settings of default browser and select personal configuration setting instead of "default".
That is all. Now popup option appears for your default browser too.
Hope this helps
Enjoy.
-srikanth.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
smartwebcare

let me try
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harry5715

instead of connecting to wlan connection it continues working edge  services without even asking for the wlan connection. and i have also turned on the ask first option in the wlan setting.
help asap 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harry5715

for example when i open facebook app on my c3 it automatically connects edge services without even asking abt wlan connections available.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Please read my post above. That could solve the problem.

Please use plain text.